Topics

Podcasts

Jim Stutsman

The least-used accessory in our car is now the radio. We still use the speakers, but only for listening to podcasts as we go to the store, grandkid sporting events, and the rare road trip. Up to now we have not been listening to sewing podcasts, but it appears there are quite a lot of them. Do you listen to any of them? If so, what's your favorite?

Patricia Ward

LOL< Jim, I would not dare take away Mason's music when he is in the car.. he would sit back on the deck whining and howling.  The dog loves his music!  Listen to talk radio if he is not in the car.

Pat

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 11:12 AM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
The least-used accessory in our car is now the radio. We still use the speakers, but only for listening to podcasts as we go to the store, grandkid sporting events, and the rare road trip. Up to now we have not been listening to sewing podcasts, but it appears there are quite a lot of them. Do you listen to any of them? If so, what's your favorite?

candy

I don’t know about sewing podcasts.  Please tell us which ones the Stutsman’s are finding helpful!!
Thanks

On Sep 4, 2019, at 11:12 AM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

The least-used accessory in our car is now the radio. We still use the speakers, but only for listening to podcasts as we go to the store, grandkid sporting events, and the rare road trip. Up to now we have not been listening to sewing podcasts, but it appears there are quite a lot of them. Do you listen to any of them? If so, what's your favorite?

Jim Stutsman

I am the podcast fanatic of the family, and Diane has learned to suffer silently through whatever I pick. Those that we share when out driving include:

https://www.futilitycloset.com - Sometimes interesting, though the presentation is not very exciting. Good thinking puzzles.
https://thisiscriminal.com - Quirky, sometimes explicit language

The two that I personally find the most important:
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/pods/akimbo - Seth is one of the smartest people I have ever read or listened to.
https://blog.primalblueprint.com - Mark's nutritional wisdom is the reason I am healthier at 71 than I was at 21, no prescriptions, and a normal BMI. Wish I'd known him 50 years ago! Listen to the Sisson!

Rounding out the collection is a geeks-only podcast:
https://www.relay.fm/radar - There are MANY podcast apps available, and you can listen to most of them with nothing more than a web browser. My player of choice is the Overcast app, written by Marco Arment of this podcast.

Ceil J

blue_lak

Without fail every week, I listen to Hidden Brain. It's on NPR, but also available through Apple. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hidden-brain/id1028908750
Jan in MD

Ceil J

Another great link, thanks!
I can listen to these on my PC when I click the link.

Sharon Moos

Podcasts are best listened to on earbuds in our family

Marsha_Comcast

This is my standard lineup. I’m a little all over the place.

iOS Today
Maccast
Mac World Podcast
Pop Culture Hour