Pen Tablet

vicki chrobak

Does our machine have the capability of using a pen/drawing tablet in anyway or is it a future possibility?

--
Vicki Jo

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

It currently does not have a tablet. It's pretty clear that Janome has been watching Brother and duplicating some of their features (Brother Innovis 6700D has 2 USB ports, 12000 has 2 USB ports), and maybe they'll release a drawing tablet sometime in the future. However I think the tablet is more of a gimmick than a needed feature. Trying to draw on a tablet while watching a screen not much bigger than a phone is not solving a problem. A much better way would be to use the tablet on a computer running Digitizer MBX in graphic (Corel) mode, then turning it in to real embroidery. Second choice would be to add the capability to Horizon Link, but either way this is a job for a computer with a bigger screen and a lot more power.