Topics

part number requested please

Mary E

Dear Jim, what is the part number of the white plastic disc that fits on the bottom of the bobbin case. of the 15000. My dealer doesn't know which number to order and Janome is not being helpful. It's scratched and needs replacement
thank you in advance
Mary Eckstein

onlinesewing@...

It's been 8 years since I last ordered anything from Janome. I will attempt to go through old invoices (there are thousands) when I get time. Your dealer should be able to get the number from Janome in New Jersey, which is how I originally got it. If they won't cooperate the District Sales Manager can help.

onlinesewing@...

I got very lucky, as I still had a package containing what is officially called a "Hook Race Base Plate". The part number is 627191000. I would routinely order a couple dozen of these at a time, as about 1 machine in 3 brought in for service needed one.

Mary E

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate it, Jim.
another question if I may. I hav seen several places where Janome owns not only Elna but Necchi. Is this tre?
Mary

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 8:41 AM, <onlinesewing@...> wrote:
I got very lucky, as I still had a package containing what is officially called a "Hook Race Base Plate". The part number is 627191000. I would routinely order a couple dozen of these at a time, as about 1 machine in 3 brought in for service needed one.

onlinesewing@...

Janome does own both the Elna and Necchi names, though all machines are made in Janome factories. They did this to attempt to capture more of the market, but I don't think it really helped. The Elna line is pretty much the same as the Janome line, but with fewer features and a slightly lower price. They use the Necchi line for low-end budget models. The Elna purchase happened when we were still dealers, but we declined to add it. A dealer cannot double their sales simply by carrying two lines, and we couldn't see any reason to double our inventory.