Open Toe Presser Foot

Sherry Martin

I was just wondering if an open toe presser foot is available for the dual feed foot yet. I was doing some quilting today and was having trouble seeing if I had reached the point where I needed to pivot when doing some straight line stitching.

Also, if my dealer doesn't have this foot yet; does anyone know if there is any place online that is carrying feet for the Janome 12000?
I called Brubakers a few weeks ago and talked to someone about a couple of other feet I want. They were supposed to call me back and never did so I assume they didn't have them yet.

Thanks.

Vikki Youngmeyer

I don’t think that it is fair to say that the dealer doesn’t carry the foot. If you look at the number of sewing machines Janome has and how many 12000 have been sold versus 6600s, 3150s, etc, it’s  a real stretch to say that the dealer should carry the foot. A few dealers have 60,000 square foot of space, lots of machines on hand, lots of accessories and a boatloads of fabric, classes and everything someone could want! Yes, in your dreams! Most Janome dealers are quilt shops and their bucks are limited as to buying machine specific optional stuff to hang in their store and get dusty thru age.

I work for an LQS and I bought a 12000 there. Two other people bought 12000. It makes no sense for my dealer to go out and buy accessories specifically for the 12000. Now the dealer can order anything that is made for the 12000 if someone who wants it orders it thru them. They pay up front, are notified when it comes in, and the customer comes in and picks it up.

As for finding out what is available, there is this list, the Janome website, various blogs and word of mouth.

Personally, I would rather my dealer apply their purchase money to nice fabric, patterns and quilting notions as opposed to having multiple items for specific machines sitting there and collecting dust. JMHO!

Now if you have contacted a shop and requested an order, that’s a completely different issue. If you have paid for something and are getting the runaround – go after them!

Vikki

Houston, TX

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

This is a curious omission, especially given that the 6600 and 7700 have open toe Acufeed feet. The accessory brochure included with the machine does not show an open toe foot of any kind, so it appears that this, like a 5 x 7 hoop, is another obvious need that Janome has missed. Neither of these items are listed on the promised enhancements due at the end of June. It looks like everyone should head over to the Janome website and put in a request for them!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@...> wrote:

I was just wondering if an open toe presser foot is available for the dual feed foot yet. I was doing some quilting today and was having trouble seeing if I had reached the point where I needed to pivot when doing some straight line stitching.

Also, if my dealer doesn't have this foot yet; does anyone know if there is any place online that is carrying feet for the Janome 12000?
I called Brubakers a few weeks ago and talked to someone about a couple of other feet I want. They were supposed to call me back and never did so I assume they didn't have them yet.

Thanks.

Sherry Martin

I'm confused. I didn't say that the dealer should or shouldn't carry a certain foot. I just said that if my dealer doesn't have the foot yet, is there some other way to get it on the internet. I bought a lot of feet for my 11000 on the internet, because my dealer is an hour away from me.

Actually what I found out from Jim, is that this foot isn't available yet and as far as he knows it isn't something they are coming out with. I'm kind of thinking about clipping off the little metal bar that is behind the needle when you sew with the foot; but I probably won't because I don't want to mess the foot up. Maybe eventually I will buy an extra one, and try it on that one. The problem is that the little metal bar covers up the fabric so I can't tell when to stop and pivot when sewing straight line stitching like for instance echoing a star design.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Vikki Youngmeyer" <vikkiy@...> wrote:

[...]

gbmko

I know what you mean! I wish the clear part of the foot (AD?) went all the way to the needle instead of turning into a metal part. My favorite new foot is the clear quilting foot (though not for accufeed)as it has all the marking lines, is clear, and i can use the guide or take it off. I find the guides on the feet get in the way as I come up to a pin...and I sew right up to the pin. I'll probably never use the foot that came with the machine again. Wouldn't it be great if we had an "allowance" based on the feet they were going to include...and we could just pick the feet that we know will most meet our needs! Customized initial purchase!

I just finished making a little girls dress with piping and bias. It was fun changing feet to see what works best. The accufeed (that is what it is called, isn't it...I should get my terminology straight!)works great in creating piping and sewing on bias with no puckers/stretching...looked perfect! And I still love the gathering setting paired with the cloth guide....you just whiz through sewing the gathering lines, and quickly have perfect gathers. Barbara jean

[...]

I was just looking at the picture of the sraight stitch accufeed foot and it looks like it doesn't have that bar behind the needle. Hoping I can find one of those and see if it will work. My dealer doesn't have it yet.