oldie but goodie??? Cheryl

xglsc1945@...

Cheryl I'm looking at pictures and do not see the walking foot mechanism?  Needle bar looks plain?
Linda

Pixey

Linda,
The AcuFeed walking foot mechanism on the 6600P is not visible in the picture because it is not dependent on the needle bar driving the foot.  It is basically a pair of upper feed dogs that swing down from behind the needle bar and foot holder and hook into a specific foot.  You can see the 1/4 inch AcuFeed foot in the second photo at this link:

This is the only machine that had this design for the walking foot approach.  On the one hand it is really stable and feeds over thicker areas like a dream.  However, with this design there is not a narrow feed option, which I suspect is why Janome moved to the AccuFlex system for subsequent machines.

Personally, I love the 6600P and have 2 of them.  I bought a second one as they were being retired as an actively produced machine a few years ago.  I have other newer sewing machines by Janome. But with its simplicity of use and power, the 6600P is my go-to machine to just sit down and sew with.  Plus, I find the 7mm feed dog configuration a little easier to use for smaller projects.

Pixey

On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:32 AM, xglsc1945@... wrote:

Cheryl I'm looking at pictures and do not see the walking foot mechanism?  Needle bar looks plain?
Linda

Roberta K

Related to the MC6600-

These posts made me curious to see how much they are selling for on EBay. I am quit surprised at how much they have kept their value! The 6600 is truly a gem.

While I was looking, I saw that there is also a 6650, which I have never heard of until now. It looks more like the 6700 than the 6600. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Thanks,
Roberta in FL