Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:10 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: # of stitches in design

I haven't seen an "official" number, but I've heard 250,000. I've also heard that designs in that range are rejected as being too large. The limit for the 11000 and MB-4 is 100,000, so I'm sure that at least that size will work on the 12000. There is also an upcoming update to the 12000 that will add CD support, so it's possible that there will be a change in the stitch limit at that time.

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "Liz" wrote:

> Jim, As some designs are very nice but have a large stitch count, can you tell me what the limit is for the 12000. I did hear the educator mention this at the launch but forgot to write down what she said. Thanks Liz

Liz

Thanks Jim & Donna for that, I am not likely to stitch designs that big but is always handy to know if we do want to. Liz

Zena M <zena.mayberry@...>

Today I tried to stitch out an Embroidery Library design on the 230 x 230 hoop. It had 55048 stitches, this was too many stitches for the machine. I reduced the design to 49273 and the design stitched out fine.

I haven't seen an "official" number, but I've heard 250,000. I've also heard that designs in that range are rejected as being too large. The limit for the 11000 and MB-4 is 100,000, so I'm sure that at least that size will work on the 12000. There is also an upcoming update to the 12000 that will add CD support, so it's possible that there will be a change in the stitch limit at that time.

vicki chrobak

I did a design yesterday that was more than 53000 stitches & it was accepted. I had a few very minor problems but I think they were with the digitizer.

--
Vicki Jo

Donna Morton

Odd.  In the time since I stitched out the first design with more than 100,000 stitches I have stitched 2 others in the 90,000 range in the 230 X 300 hoop.  Neither the machine nor HorizonLink had problems accepting either of the 90,000 stitch designs.

Donna M
Canada

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" wrote:

> I haven't seen an "official" number, but I've heard 250,000. I've also heard that designs in that range are rejected as being too large. The limit for the 11000 and MB-4 is 100,000, so I'm sure that at least that size will work on the 12000. There is also an upcoming update to the 12000 that will add CD support, so it's possible that there will be a change in the stitch limit at that time.

Sue Sweet

Apart from the limitation on the number of stitches there also used to be a limit on the number of colour changes ( not actual colours). Maybe that’s something you ladies that have problems could look at ?

Sue

Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:47 AM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Re: # of stitches in design

Odd.  In the time since I stitched out the first design with more than 100,000 stitches I have stitched 2 others in the 90,000 range in the 230 X 300 hoop.  Neither the machine nor HorizonLink had problems accepting either of the 90,000 stitch designs.

Donna M
Canada

Today I tried to stitch out an Embroidery Library design on the 230 x 230 hoop. It had 55048 stitches, this was too many stitches for the machine. I reduced the design to 49273 and the design stitched out fine.

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" >
> I haven't seen an "official" number, but I've heard 250,000. I've also heard that designs in that range are rejected as being too large. The limit for the 11000 and MB-4 is 100,000, so I'm sure that at least that size will work on the 12000. There is also an upcoming update to the 12000 that will add CD support, so it's possible that there will be a change in the stitch limit at that time.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Good call Sue. As far as I know, the limit of 78 color changes is still true for the 12000. I'm also wondering whether Zena hit the limit in the software that converted the design to JEF format, rather than in the machine itself.

From: Donna Morton

From: Zena M
Today I tried to stitch out an Embroidery Library design on the 230 x 230 hoop. It had 55048 stitches, this was too many stitches for the machine. I reduced the design to 49273 and the design stitched out fine.

vicki chrobak

I did one with 44!!!! thread changes yesterday. Talk about a worn out puppy.

--
Vicki Jo