Topics

non bound scallop edge

sewnice@...

wondering if any has ever done a scallop edge without binding... just  decorative stitching along the edge instead..

Sharon

Patricia Ward

Sharon, I have done that when I was using the scallop border on top of another sashing and the scallop was to be stitched down almost like an applique on the last border.  IF I am doing scallops on the outside border then I do use a bias cut binding. Cut on the bias the binding goes on much smoother because you are going around curves and into junctions of the scallops.

Pat

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 6:09 PM <sewnice@...> wrote:
wondering if any has ever done a scallop edge without binding... just  decorative stitching along the edge instead..

Sharon

Jeanniett Chicky

Eleanor Burns has a great tutorial for a scalloped edge wall hanging/table topper.  It is also in her book “Twenty Five Years and Still Stripping”  the Nine Patch Party Quilt.. It provides a very good how to instructions with a scallop pattern.

Jeanniett