Topics

New Thread book

Karen Titus <kt4917@...>
 

Jim,
Does the thread book have suggestions for needle changes related to thread types or weights?. Thanks Karen

Jim Stutsman
 

Not this version. We may consider it for an update though. You can find some really good information on needles and thread here:
https://www.superiorthreads.com/education

Janet
 

Bought mine.  Thanks.   Can’t wait to play 

Janet

On Sep 18, 2019, at 9:47 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Not this version. We may consider it for an update though. You can find some really good information on needles and thread here:
https://www.superiorthreads.com/education

Narda Poulin
 

what is the Thread Book ??

Karen Titus <kt4917@...>
 

Thanks Jim

 

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 9:47:30 PM EDT, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:


Not this version. We may consider it for an update though. You can find some really good information on needles and thread here:
https://www.superiorthreads.com/education

Jim Stutsman
 

It's an app for iPhone and iPad. Full details are in this post: #25103  

Narda Poulin
 

thank you ...looks like a very useful app


On Sep 19, 2019, at 8:16 AM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

It's an app for iPhone and iPad. Full details are in this post: #25103  

favymtz
 

Please correct me if I'm wrong or if I'm not using the Thread Book correctly.
I'm attempting to enter my threads.
I have selected My Favorites for all the brands I currently own that are in the app.
So, I'm entering my threads.
But, do I really have to scroll all the way through all the thread brands to get the brand I want to checkmark the colors?
If so, why is there no shortcut in My Favorites to go to the brand? 
It's taking me forever to do all that scrolling!
thank you,
favymtz

Jim Stutsman
 

Even after a full year developing the app, some things don't emerge until real people start using it! Later today I will be submitting version 1.1 to the App Store. Among other things, it adds a "Search" function for brands. This will isolate only the brands of interest, e.g. Madeira, and you can then select those for viewing in the Browse menu. I assume you are tapping the purple "Choose Brands to View" button now to pick the brand you want to add, so the search will greatly speed that process. The search function will also reveal threads that many thought were missing because of how they were specified. Two examples of this are Glide (Fit-Tec Glide) and Iris (Hilos Iris).

Depending on how long it takes Apple to approve the update, it will probably be next week before it appears on your device. You'll see Version 1.1(12) on the Contents page. The videos in the Q&A section may be a tad off, as I now have to re-record a number of clips due to screen changes. Fortunately those can be updated without a new version, so they may be current by the time the update becomes available.

Thanks so much for taking the leap of faith with us, and for your patience as we smooth out the bumps!

Cheryl Watson
 

Hi Jim,
Not related to Threadbook, I just updated my IPad to the new operating system. Will the apps I have already downloaded need to be upgraded?
Thanks,
Cheryl

Jim Stutsman
 

It depends on the app. If the publisher has updated it to the new iOS, and you have automatic updates turned on (recommended), then you will not have a problem. In some cases an app an app may not work correctly with a new iOS, or more commonly it may not be able to use some features of the new OS. Usually they will update the existing app to display an update message prior to the new OS coming out.

The bigger issue is when the new iOS leaves devices behind. For example, the Janome "free" iPads were almost all left at iOS 9 as the highest possible version, so any app that requires a higher version will not run. More recently my first generation iPad Air got stranded at iOS 12. Apple does not attempt to provide much backward support for older devices. The cynical view would be that they want to force people to upgrade, but it's also a necessity in order to add features that make the products better. Trying to support older versions is a large part of what led to the mess of Windows 8. Computer technology is continuing to evolve, and we're still a way off from maturity. Same thing could be said for the people who write software for it (cough, cough)!

Cheryl Watson
 

Hi Jim. 
I should have clarified the apps I was talking about -the apps related to my 15000 machine. Sorry about the confusion. 
Cheryl 


On Sep 27, 2019, at 12:53 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

It depends on the app. If the publisher has updated it to the new iOS, and you have automatic updates turned on (recommended), then you will not have a problem. In some cases an app an app may not work correctly with a new iOS, or more commonly it may not be able to use some features of the new OS. Usually they will update the existing app to display an update message prior to the new OS coming out.

The bigger issue is when the new iOS leaves devices behind. For example, the Janome "free" iPads were almost all left at iOS 9 as the highest possible version, so any app that requires a higher version will not run. More recently my first generation iPad Air got stranded at iOS 12. Apple does not attempt to provide much backward support for older devices. The cynical view would be that they want to force people to upgrade, but it's also a necessity in order to add features that make the products better. Trying to support older versions is a large part of what led to the mess of Windows 8. Computer technology is continuing to evolve, and we're still a way off from maturity. Same thing could be said for the people who write software for it (cough, cough)!

Jim Stutsman
 

No worries - they are all fine in iOS 13.

Cheryl Watson
 

Thank you.


On Sep 27, 2019, at 5:59 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

No worries - they are all fine in iOS 13.