New Owner ,,, question regarding callibration and the plastic templates

judyjanome <judyjanome@...>

I picked up the machine last week. I love the 9 mm stitches. I tried a couple of the built in patterns. After I loaded the hoop (I owned the first 11000 a few years ago) I checked the needle and it was not in the center of the plastic templete. I thought I should go into the tools for the emb unit and callibrated the needle to move into the center of the plastic templete, and then clicked ok. I removed the plastic templete. Then I stiched out the design. Do you have to callabrate each hoop before use. I hope I am explaining myself. Last night I went to default in the tools menu which changed my settings back because I forgot to change out the zig zag stitch plate to the single hole plate. I again tried a small design when I finished checked the placement of the design in the hoop and it was perfect. There are two holes side by each in that single hole plate and the emb does start in the hole on the left but the placement was perfect. If all this was unnecessary what is the callibration option in the tool menu for. I am so sorry to go on about this but I did want you to understand. Thanks Judyjanome

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Hey Judy, congratulations on your new "baby"! We found that our machine needed to have the hoop calibrated right out of the box. Calibration is done on the SET screen for embroidery, but you must be in embroidery mode before you start. It's not necessary to calibrate for each hoop, as they all start from the center and the center is the same for all of them. HOWEVER - if you use the "Reset all to default" it will remove the calibration and you will need to repeat it. There is an internal calibration that your dealer can do, and that one will "stick" even if you reset to defaults.