New iPad

Wilma Al-uqdah

Jim,

I bought a new iPad.  I need to load My 15000 app. I am not using the old iPad since it will not connect to my machine. When I went to the app store it is requesting the charge. What do I need to do to transfer the app? I apologize if you have addressed this previously.

Jim Stutsman

There are two ways you can do this:
  1. If you made a backup of the old iPad you can restore it to the new one. That will reinstall all the apps, and data such as contacts, email addresses, etc.
  2. If you don't have a backup of the old one, make sure that the Apple ID you are using for the App Store is the same one you used when you purchased the app. Tap Settings -> your name -> Payments and Shipping.
If neither of those options work, tap this link: https://support.apple.com/apps
Scroll down to the bottom where the smiling people are and tap Get Support.

Toni Valenstein

When you make a purchase (free for for a fee) through the App store, it will remain as purchased in the iCloud.  If you are using the same Apple ID and password, as you did on your old iPad, then it'll be waiting for you to d/l in the App store.  Just click the little cloud with a down arrow.