New happy owner of the MC 12000

zefrenchfairy <cathydefrance@...>

Hi
I am Cathy de France and as each of you, I am very very happy with my new and wonderful MC 12000 I am testing since Christmas. I am very captivated by this so soft and easy to use embroidery machine. I have also the 2170 Pfaff and the Janome 1600P .
All the different tests I did are absolutely perfect and very beautiful.
However, I think a rectangular ( 6x9 ) hoop would be fine. I read somewhere that there is a 20x14 cm for the 11000 I suppose. Do you know if it is possible to use the 20x14 on the 12000 ( The fastening sytem seams the same on the 2 machines, but may be the programm in the machine will not know this hoop...)

I sincerely apologize for the pityful english and I thank each of you for the details , tips and help to win our new embMachine over.

I wish you a Happy New Year
Cathy

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Welcome Cathy! There is a 20 x 14cm hoop for all Janome embroidery machines before the 12000. In the US we call it 5 x 7, which is about the size in inches. Janome did not make that hoop for the 11000 until we begged for it. I hope we won't have to beg for one on the 12000. It is one of the most useful sizes. Unfortunately we cannot use 11000 hoops on the 12000, so a new hoop must be made by Janome.

NEVER apologize for your English! It is perfect, and I assure you I can only speak enough French to order Escargot in Paris, and I have great respect for those who know more than one language! Tres bon!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "zefrenchfairy" <cathydefrance@...> wrote:

[...]

I thank you very much,Jim, for the warm welcome and so kinds words.

Yes, I also think the 5x7 (or 6x9), is a very useful hoop. I have (and created for my customers) tons of designs for 5x7 hoop. Of course , we can embroid them into the SQ 23x23 (9x9")but we need tu use and lost more fabric or stabiliser. So I should be happy to join my voice to all voices who will claim for a 5x7 hoop.

I am very satisfied of the results I obtain with the MC 12000, so I am preparing a project for a large embroidered quilt.

I did the 1.01 update (no problem. The Pdf is very clear)
The only problem I met, is when I decided to stitch and test some machine stitches. Only the straight stitches icons are clickables ... and finaly I thought the reason was that I did not change the needle plate yet. I changed it for the zigzag-plate and miraculously, the icons became clickable ... !
I like also this machine because all , absolutely all the functions are configurable as much as we need.
Yesterday, I phoned to my dealer to tell her, I am so happy I would like half-a-dosen of 12000. She smiled and said "no problem!" . I hope she did not take me at my words.

Many thanks again

Cathy
from Cathy de France - Embroidery designs
http://cathydefrance.com

[...]

Sherry Martin

My wish would be for a smaller hoop (maybe the regular 4x4) that could be used with less stabilizer for smaller projects. I really like the 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 for quilt block projects. On my 11000 I ordered the RE hoop extra which was the 5x7 hoop, but really wanted a square hoop for quilts blocks and the 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 is a good size for me. But there are so many designs for the 4x4 hoop that I would also really like a smaller hoop that size.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@> wrote:

[...]

Cheryl Paul

Happy New Year, everyone.

Kathy, I now don't feel so foolish. I also forgot to change the needle plate and couldn't understand WHY I didn't have all my stitches, all my icons, etc. I went so far as to take off the embroidery unit, turn the machine off and on again a few times. I was writing a HELP request to the forum when a friend said, "Do you have the right plate on your machine". Oh, then the bells whistled, and the lights all went on and I was back in business, then hemmed my pants to have them for Christmas.

I agree that a 5" X 7" hoop would be nice for our 12000. I do see a lot of stabilizer used for the few embroideries that I've done. I do like that 23 X 23 cm hoop (9X9") - it sure does a nice big design. I used the big one to make 4 little Christmas stockings at a time for my 10 grandchildren as "in the hoop" project.

Cheryl - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada