Topics

Needles for threader

Kathleen Chevalier

I have the S9, which I think is sort of a baby 15000. My needle threader is not "automatic" I manually push down on the threader lever. It works intermittently. Sometimes right away, sometimes only after many tries, sometimes not at all. Last time I threaded the needle manually without the threader, but my sight is such that it is difficult.

I used a Klase 80/12 that I received free with a Nancy's Notions order. The needle threader hook stuck in the needle eye. I had great difficulty getting it out. When It happened a second time I decided the throw the Klase needle out the next time I changed thread. So now I'm wondering if the needle could be a problem. I am using Schmetz needles. Does anyone else have a problem using the needle threader with certain brands of needles?

--
Kathleen Chevalier
western Pennsylvania

Meridee Steele

Hi Kathleen. I have a 12000 which has the pull down needle threader. I used to have your problem of it sometimes working, sometimes not.
I re read the manual and now always lock the machine when threading and it works 100% of the time! You may be doing this but if not, try it. I love this threader now.

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 at 8:20 AM, Kathleen Chevalier <kathleensews@...> wrote:
[...]

Cheryl Alm

I tried those complimentary Klase needles and always had problems with them, I just don’t think they are compatible with the Janome machines.  I stick with Janome needles and Organ brand and never have problems with needle threader.  Another tip is to always use the needle up/down button to insure the needle is in the highest position.  Keep in mind that incident with the Klase needle may have bent the little hook of the needle threader and it may need to be adjusted,

On Apr 18, 2020, at 4:20 PM, Kathleen Chevalier <kathleensews@...> wrote:

[...]

HEATHER COWAN

Kathleen:  I use Organ needles which is the company that makes Janome needles.  I find they work great but must be at least 80/11 or the eye is too small for the threader.  When I have had trouble with my threader it has ALWAYS been that I haven’t seated the needle all the way up in the needle hole.  I take care now to make sure it is as high as it will go with the flat side facing the rear of the machine.  Sometimes if you damage the little hook that snags the thread and brings it through the needle ...... it cannot be bent back to be effective.  My advice would be if it doesn’t work the first time don’t keep trying and maybe bend or break that little wire hook.  Check that your needle is seated all the way up and ..... make sure your needle is in the correct position by hitting the needle up and needle down button.  Good luck.....   ps .... I have the 15000 and the 9900 [which is the older model of the S9] and love them both.
Hugs
Heather

On Apr 18, 2020, at 1:20 PM, Kathleen Chevalier <kathleensews@...> wrote:

[...]

I use Schmetz needles and are fine for my 15000. For quilting I use Schmetz Quilting Needles and makes a real difference. I have also used the Schmetz topstitching needles and are also great.

El sábado, abril 18, 2020, 5:36 p.m., HEATHER COWAN <heather-c@...> escribió:

[...]

vicki J. Wardwell <vjw_65@...>

I have looked every where,
I insert my needle should all of the flat part be inside?
I have a dental mirror and can see but not sure if up all the way
would leave any flat part visible.
Thank you.
Vicki

On April 18, 2020 at 5:38 PM HEATHER COWAN <heather-c@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Vicki:  If the screw is loosened enough ..... not so loose it falls out but just a bit more than needed for the old needle to slide out .... and you push the needle up as far as you can .... it is high enough.  Then the trick is to keep it up there while you tighten the screw.  There is a little brush with a hole at the end of the handle with one side of the hole flat like the needle.  If you find one it is handy as you put the needle in it and then use the brush like a handle to lift the needle into place and hold it there while you tighten the screw.  I bet if you change to Organ needles you will have NO problems.  I haven’t used Klasse but have used Schmitz.  Prefer the Organ which is also used by many manufacturers.  Breathe, relax and let your hands find the correct position for the needle and don’t overthink it.  My hands work better than my brain at this sort of thing ..... duh ... okay .... most things.
Good luck .... hugs heather ...

On Apr 21, 2020, at 6:07 AM, vicki J. Wardwell <vjw_65@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Heather,
It was all the way up in this borrowed Singer and still flat area showed.
Only have one hand which complicates most stuff. esp. the tightening.
Good to know about the needles when my machine gets home.
Vicki
Gov just grounded us 40 more days I agree. except  4 my poor machine.