Need

Maria Morrow

Can anyone tell me what hoops in the size range of 5 x 7 will fit the 15000? I sold my 15000 and the lady who bought it isn’t on this group. I’d like to help her out with information on hoops that will work that are bigger than the hat hoop but way smaller than all the other hoops which are quite large.

Thank you,
Maria Morrow

Dottie Newkirk

The Janome RE18 hoop SPECIFICALLY for the 12000, 14000 and 15000 is what she would need.  The 15 needs to be updated (unless it was already updated, in which case, the RE18 hoop will show up on recognized hoops) to recognize the RE18 hoop.  Dottie in Texas

On 10/20/2021 5:02 PM, Maria Morrow wrote:
Can anyone tell me what hoops in the size range of 5 x 7 will fit the 15000? I sold my 15000 and the lady who bought it isn’t on this group. I’d like to help her out with information on hoops that will work that are bigger than the hat hoop but way smaller than all the other hoops which are quite large.

Thank you,
Maria Morrow
https://www.avg.com

Lynne Dean

Hello Maria
The RE18 is an optional hoop which is approximately 5 x 7 and fits the MC12000 and MC15000.  I think it has become my most used hoop since I bought it.  If the package is still the same it came with a USB of 50 designs too.

Lynne

Cat - N

It’s the hoop I use most often, too…wonderful hoop…and my packaging was exactly like that for the RE18 Essentials hoop back in 2016/2017.

I recently made a reading pillow for a baby shower gift, which I could have done in my GR Hoop, but I did the two designs in the SQ23 hoop…separately…so I could add a bit more space between them for that 20” pillow.  I could have made the design smaller…it came in several sizes…but the design size and purpose ‘makes’ the hoop choice for me.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Oct 21, 2021 at 10:18 AM, <Lynne Dean> wrote:

Hello Maria
The RE18 is an optional hoop which is approximately 5 x 7 and fits the MC12000 and MC15000.  I think it has become my most used hoop since I bought it.  If the package is still the same it came with a USB of 50 designs too.

Lynne

Ceil J

Cat,
So adorable!!
Did you do the line quilting on the large piece before you put the borders on?  Beautiful work all around.

Cat - N

Thank you, Ceil.  The quilting was all done after the two borders went on…on my 15000 with 4” quilting guide bars. I draw two lines…the rest is ‘follow the leader’ lol. I doubt my skill for adding borders after quilting.

I like a large diamond quilt on mural type panels. That’s a 2.5” wide gap. The panel includes everything except for the dark brown 1” (finished) border and the wider blue Jungle Babies print border, which backed snd bound the quilt as well. I loved the Jungle Babies panel…not so much all the brown, so I blue’d it up for the baby boy…my girlfriend’s son’s first baby. Lol.  But I needed a shower gift in a hurry so that was it. Then I got a look at the invitation. The shower was in Delaware (I’m in Florida) so I wasn’t ‘invited’ per se although had I been able to go, I’d have been welcomed. The DIL grandma wanted books instead of cards…so I made the reading pillow. Both embroidery/ITH appliqué designs are purchased but I adjusted the colors to match the panel using Hatch.

The print is flannel…the panel and brown border are woven cotton. The pillowcase is my ‘design’ for toddler/travel sized pillows.  I make them to go with daycare/school nap quilts. Perfect size. Don’t take long to make.

The quilt was a ‘nothing’ quilt…well, nothing that is particularly noteworthy or required much skill on my part. Lol. But we’ve been friends for well over 20 years so we’re all kind of ‘family’…theirs and mine.

The baby shower snuck up on me. Baby isn’t due until well into November but the shower was set up for barely into October…November holidays and all. My friend’s house is being renovated so she didn’t have time or space to quilt her quilt (more twin than crib sized), but she did get it pieced. It was beautiful!!!  I digitized all the quilting on it except the center was also a gorgeous panel, so I diamond quilted that section at 2.5” too. In the pieced side squares, I quilted a moon and stars design, and in the top and bottom rectangles…part of the panel, I quilted my ITH clouds ‘block’ design (4 sets of clouds each top and bottom).  I created the moon and stars as e2e so I can send it to the long arm for edge/to-edge, or do all over QITH.

I’ve been sewing for over 60 years but she has only been sewing for a couple years, so I am careful not to make things that might appear ‘competitive’ with her work, and babies need so much that it’s easy to make very useful but ‘skill simple’ stuff and let her do the intricate pieced work. Lol. I do enough of that for my family anyway.

I don’t usually send pix since yahoo went away…storage being limited…but here is her quilt as well…so you don’t have to imagine…since I hinted at the quilting motifs. This is her work…not mine…I only sandwiched, quilted, made the binding (she cut the strips), and sewed the binding on it. The photos can be deleted so there’s room for more important pix.

On Oct 21, 2021 at 12:58 PM, <Ceil J> wrote:

Cat,
So adorable!!
Did you do the line quilting on the large piece before you put the borders on?  Beautiful work all around.

Ceil J

Cat,
That's gorgeous too!  I just love how the simple quilted diamond center gives so much to the quilt!  And your border is wonderful.  Your friend did a great job too and it's kind of you to not try to one-up her.  We have a lull in babies among family and friends at the moment but one of my SIL's is a fantastic accomplished quilter and so I purchase a gift when she's in the mix.  I just finished a quilt for my granddaughter that was hexi blocks but she wanted a minky back so I took it to a longarmer.  Although I did make a mini version of it, I don't think I'll ever do a hexi block again. ;)
I have Hatch but am hardly skilled at digitizing.  There's just so much to do with these machines that it's been difficult for me to really focus in on each skill.  It seems I run into difficulty with every project so writing down what works is the only way to proceed now.  I did post about it but maybe put in too many photos but I did them small size but it still might be too  much.
I'm sure your friend will love and appreciate your work.  Lucky baby :)
Ceil