My Janome 15000 does not read file EMBF file on USB stick

Helene B

I have loaded an embroidery design from my computer onto a USB stick under EMBF but the machine does not read it.
Help

Kathy Strabel

Helene__ I recently had this problem with my MC500e machine. If you are certain that your design is in the correct file (the EMBF folder) on your USB stick, then there is probably something that does not "jive" with your hoop size/design combination. Sometimes the design appears to fit in the hoop, but there may be a few tiny stitches that are just a tad over the limit of the frame. It could also be that you only need to rotate the design in the frame to make it fit .  And apparently Janome has designed their hoops to be slightly different in size than the "standard" ones. I wonder why the machine does not give us a warning message telling us that there is a problem with the hoop size and the design we have chosen instead of just mutely refusing to show the design on the machine's screen.  That is very frustrating when you absolutely KNOW the design is in the EMBF folder, but the machine does not recognize it, and simply does not show it.  Are you listening, Janome engineers????  Good luck and happy stitching.   Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

JUDY

I have a janome 15000 and I have to put the USB stick in my machine when it is still empty in order for it to format  Then add your file to USB that should have a embf already on the usb to move your file too

On Oct 4, 2020, at 10:00 PM, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:

[...]

Lyn Quine

It could be the orientation of the design, it might need turning.  Did you unzip the file? If you didn’t it will still show on the USB but the machine can’t read it.    Have a look at it in software, Horizon Link, if it comes with the machine, if it doesn’t, then trusizer from Wilcom is either a free download or free online to be able to look at the design, reformat, reduce or enlarge.

momin8tor5

Helene - The exact same thing happened to me this weekend, took me an hour to figure out.  When you open the file on your machine make sure you select USB1 or USB2, and then make sure you page through the designs on your stick.  They are separated by Hoop size.

Yes, it took me over an hour to figure this out LOL!
Rossana