My Janome 15000

Carole Hollmann

This question is probably for Jim, as I can't imagine anyone in this group of avid sewers doing what I did.  I had my 15000 serviced last year as soon as the company I use re-opened from Covid lockdown.  I have not even turned it on since I brought it home.  My question is this:  Assuming they serviced it properly, what precautions--if any--should I take in order to start using it again?  Think it's ok to just start sewing?

And...is it true that Windows 11 will be released later this year?  Ugh!

Thanks much
.

Carole Hollmann

Jim Stutsman

If you haven't used it for a year, that's not a long time, especially if it was fresh from servicing. Just start sewing. If you notice anything you may need to revisit your servicing dealer, but otherwise it should be fine.

Pixey

Hi Carole,

Because I have multiple machines that I use on different projects and up until last year was still working full time, I have actually done the same thing you have of letting a machine sit unused for an extended period.  The only ones that I found I have to be careful with are the two that require more extensive end-user oiling (my 500e and HD9).

Pixey

On Jul 5, 2021, at 8:13 AM, Carole Hollmann via groups.io <macee55@...> wrote:

This question is probably for Jim, as I can't imagine anyone in this group of avid sewers doing what I did.  I had my 15000 serviced last year as soon as the company I use re-opened from Covid lockdown.  I have not even turned it on since I brought it home.  My question is this:  Assuming they serviced it properly, what precautions--if any--should I take in order to start using it again?  Think it's ok to just start sewing?

And...is it true that Windows 11 will be released later this year?  Ugh!

Thanks much
.

Carole Hollmann

Carole Hollmann

Thanks so much!  I’ll use it today.

Carole

On Jul 5, 2021, at 9:15 AM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

If you haven't used it for a year, that's not a long time, especially if it was fresh from servicing. Just start sewing. If you notice anything you may need to revisit your servicing dealer, but otherwise it should be fine.

Cat - N

Ah…but you’d be wrong to assume none of us…me for example…haven’t had to leave a machine idle under ‘safe’ conditions for a time because I admit having to do just that and for much longer periods of time.  Depending on whether the machine was ‘working fine’ and/or on ‘how long’ and how close to the last service it was when I last used it, I might just fire up a machine and test stitch, or I might take it to a dealer to have pieces inside it checked for ‘age related’ issues before sewing on it.

We have 6 machines here. I am using only 2 for a while now because of what I am making and due to space constraints, but, since I didn’t have need to use my serger for about a year until last week, I am pretty certain I will fire up either of the 2 other computerized sewing and/or combo machines not presently being used if/when I need them, having had them freshly serviced before last using them, how much I used them and what for, and because they have just been here…’parked/idle’…in their cases/cabinets and in good environmental conditions since last service.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Jul 5, 2021 at 9:13 AM, <Carole Hollmann via groups.io> wrote:

This question is probably for Jim, as I can't imagine anyone in this group of avid sewers doing what I did.  I had my 15000 serviced last year…
_._,_._,_