Topics

My 15000 app has new videos

onlinesewing@...

Two new videos have been added to the My 15000 app:
AcuSetter and Layout in Horizon Link Suite. At least one more video is in the works and an update to the app will be coming soon. The update will require a minimum of iOS 11. If you have an older iPad that is stuck at iOS 9 you will still be able to use the app you have, and it will still get new videos. You just won't have the new features.

Janet

Awesome. Thanks 

Janet

On Jun 24, 2018, at 12:16 PM, onlinesewing@... wrote:

AcuSetter and Layout in Horizon Link Suite. At least one more video is in the works and an update to the app will be coming soon. The update will require a minimum of iOS 11. If you have an older iPad that is stuck at iOS 9 you will still be able to use the app you have, and it will still get new videos. You just won't have the new features.
<Layout.png><AcuSetter.png>

Pam Davison

I have the old iPad stuck at iOS9.  Can you remind me or point me where to find the “new features” that I will not have?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of onlinesewing@... <onlinesewing@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:16:12 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] My 15000 app has new videos

cas

Is it too difficult to adapt them to work in the older ios9?  What are the new features that won’t work?

Thanks for adding them.  J
Cas

Carol Crisp

Really looking forward to the update and new videos. Love your app!
Thank you, Carol

On Jun 24, 2018, at 12:16 PM, onlinesewing@... wrote:

<AcuSetter.png>

onlinesewing@...

The important new feature is the ability to download videos. That's not so much to let you keep them forever, particularly since iOS will delete them without warning if the space is needed on your device. It's of the most importance to people with very slow Internet, because it allows them to see videos in the best quality even when the Internet is so slow that they get the audio-only stream when trying to watch it online. This feature was added in iOS 10, so it's not possible to use it in iOS 9. The other big add is a Troubleshooting section in Resources that has documents on how to handle various common problems. It will take a little magic, but I think I can make those available in version 1.4.1, which is the one currently in the store. It works with iOS 9. 

onlinesewing@...

See this: #22473  

Pam Davison

Thank you.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of onlinesewing@... <onlinesewing@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 5:30:11 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] My 15000 app has new videos

The important new feature is the ability to download videos. That's not so much to let you keep them forever, particularly since iOS will delete them without warning if the space is needed on your device. It's of the most importance to people with very slow Internet, because it allows them to see videos in the best quality even when the Internet is so slow that they get the audio-only stream when trying to watch it online. This feature was added in iOS 10, so it's not possible to use it in iOS 9. The other big add is a Troubleshooting section in Resources that has documents on how to handle various common problems. It will take a little magic, but I think I can make those available in version 1.4.1, which is the one currently in the store. It works with iOS 9. 

cas

Yay!  Work your magic.  J  We could all use some troubleshooting help now and then.

Cas