My 15000 App and this group

Judy Jones

  I recently upgraded from a Brother SE1900 to a used MC 15000 because I wanted a bigger hoop and I really liked the embroidery unit located on the back so it wasn’t a big production installing the embroidery unit.  I was deciding between a Pfaff and the 15000 and the location of the embroidery unit won me over.  But when I discovered this group and the My Janome app I was blown away by the support and the knowledge that is shared and was thankful I made the choice to purchase the 15000.  The app made the daunting task of learning all about these powerful machines so much easier and I constantly refer back to it.  I just would like to say thank you to everyone and especially Jim and Diane.

Jim Stutsman

Welcome Judy, we're so glad you have joined us. And thanks for the kind words about our app!

Sandra Wheeler

The embroidery unit on the back rather than the side is one of the reasons I'm staying with my 15000 instead of the new M17. Still want an M7 though.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 4:37 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Welcome Judy, we're so glad you have joined us. And thanks for the kind words about our app!

Monica B

Why do you prefer the unit on the back instead of the side?  I also have the 15000 and love it!  I’m also getting a gently used s9.
Monica

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 6:17 PM Sandra Wheeler <angelthings@...> wrote:
The embroidery unit on the back rather than the side is one of the reasons I'm staying with my 15000 instead of the new M17. Still want an M7 though.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 4:37 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Welcome Judy, we're so glad you have joined us. And thanks for the kind words about our app!

Judy Jones

My preference for the back embroidery unit is due to my sewing set up.  I like to use the area to the left of the sewing area a small pressing area.  Also, the embroidery unit itself is so much smaller than some of the competitors big units.  I don’t have a lot of space in my sewing area.

On Jun 16, 2022, at 8:17 PM, Monica B <monicaboot73@...> wrote:

Why do you prefer the unit on the back instead of the side?  I also have the 15000 and love it!  I’m also getting a gently used s9.
Monica

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 6:17 PM Sandra Wheeler <angelthings@...> wrote:
The embroidery unit on the back rather than the side is one of the reasons I'm staying with my 15000 instead of the new M17. Still want an M7 though.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 4:37 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Welcome Judy, we're so glad you have joined us. And thanks for the kind words about our app!

Cat - N

Space was an issue for me as well, and the Janome embroidery unit can stay on the machine all the time (except during travel) without being in the way...no accidental 'leaning' on it while holding fabrics/quilts/etc. steady as they pass under the needle, and no putting it on and taking it off risking damage or pin oxidation (I.T. experience talking here).   I was assured by dealers that left side embroidery units could remain on during regular sewing but I was uncomfortable with that prospect.  I also was looking at machine cabinets and a number of them had a 'cubby' showing a left side embroidery unit stored in them, with them 'standing on end' in that narrow space on some...another 'yowza' for me as I could imagine myself having an elbow bumped by a 'supervising Yorkie' and dropping that sucker trying to get it out or replace it in that cubby...LOL.  Another selling feature was that the rear embroidery unit affords use of the Cloth Guide, which uses the embroidery unit...closed...in sewing mode.  The Cloth Guide is a very useful tool, for me, at least.

I had fallen in love with the 11000 when it first came out years ago, but had too busy a schedule to get any embroidery machine back then.  A lot of models later, but before I had any embroidery combo machine, I looked at several brands/models, and found those with the embroidery unit on the left (I was only really looking at top of the line models) to be quite large in footprint...larger than the space I had available, and the machines also needed quite a bit of space behind, as does my 15000 (and my 11000) during embroidery and quilting in the hoop.  One brand 'suffered' the left side unit plus having a machine bed that sloped toward my lap, and I was relatively certain I would have more fall into my lap than I wanted, so despite it being a rather nice machine, it was quickly crossed off my list.

As to the 'timing' of my search for an embroidery machine, while I was still 'comparing' machines, an 11000 came to live here at the beginning of 2015, and I used it extensively until I bought my 15000...which I had decided on after looking at all those other brands/models...in April 2016.  My space limitation still prohibits me from having my four machines available for use at the 'same' time...wouldn't that be nice...to be able to easily switch from one to another...maybe someday...LOL

- Cat (FL)

[...]

Thank you!  I have my machine set up in front of a built out window so it works perfect that way.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 5:43 AM Judy Jones <pigusus@...> wrote:
[...]

bhd02@...

Is the app on the IPad or can it be downloaded to an Android? I didn't get in on the beginning of the thread, so am wanting to get it.

Jim Stutsman

All of our apps are available on iPhone and iPad ONLY. We don't do Android, and never will. I say never, because I expect my expiration date will arrive much sooner than having the time, interest, and patience to spend on Android.