MSRP

vicki chrobak

Does anyone know MSRP of the 12000. The Janome site has a great deal for those who purchased machine at MSRP between Nov. 1 & Dec. 31st
Vicki Jo

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The "official" MSRP for the United States, as announced at Janome Institute, is $11,999 USD. However I doubt that many machines have been sold at that price. Most seem to be going for around $9,000 USD. The actual deal in this case is not on the regular Janome website, but on the Holiday Promotion website:
http://janomespecials.com/holiday-promo-2011/featured.htm

Before everybody gets all excited, let me explain in detail:

1. This promotion is coming from Janome America. It will not apply outside the US. Other countries may offer different promotions that are as good or better, or maybe not. It's up to the individual Janome head offices.

2. It's only available from dealers who choose to participate. Usually there is something a dealer must do to qualify, either buy a special package or buy machines with the promotional package bundled in. Some small dealers may not be financially able to participate, but that doesn't mean they won't be able to do something nice for you anyway!

3. The "bought at MSRP" requirement is only enforced at the dealer level. If you negotiated a spectacular price for your machine, your dealer is not obligated to give up even more profit in order to give you the "$1,200 gift." If you paid more than $1,200 less than MSRP for your machine, you already got the gift. However if you have been a good customer with your dealer over the years, she may be inclined to extend the offer anyway. It's her choice.

4. If you bought your machine prior to November 1, your dealer won't be able to give you the deal, because he/she didn't get the deal from Janome. Personally I think this is a mistake, because the folks who bought the machine in October have demonstrated their faith and loyalty to Janome. They shouldn't be treated to less than those who waited. Apple learned this lesson with the first iPhone. Shortly after releasing it, to long lines of fans, they dropped the price by $200. Early adopters were outraged, and they subsequently gave us $100 credit. Most of their loyal customers forgave them for being charged a $100 "early adopter" tax, but it was still not a good way to treat their very best customers.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki" <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

Does anyone know MSRP of the 12000. The Janome site has a great deal for those who purchased machine at MSRP between Nov. 1 & Dec. 31st
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak

YesI missed it by 1 day--bought on October 31.  Grrrr!  But considering I got a good deal on financing can't complain too much.
Vicki Jo

--
Vicki Jo