Metallic threads update

stitchnpatch

I rang Somac yesterday afternoon and the sample pack arrived in the post this morning - very good value as it included the metallic thread, 2 cops of polyester, 2 packs of tearaway stabiliser, 6 prewound bobbins (which I'm not intending using) and the thread chart. I hooped up some fabric this afternoon, used Janome bobbinfil, forgot to change the stitch plate to the single hole, forgot to change the needle from a Microtex 70 and let it stitch out the design I'd chosen at 1000 stitches a minute - no problems! The machine coped really well, no loops, shredding, snapping, or other problems - I'm impressed and will certainly be using the metallics again.
Thanks for the recommendations.
Vicki