Memory Sticks

Anne <csarina43@...>

I have designs saved on memory sticks which I use to laod patterns to my 11000, am I going to have to buy new sticks for the 12000. I understand that to upgrade the machine you have to use an empty MS, so I guess you need to have a seperate stick for this and delete the upgrade once you have done it. I suspect that my machine when I get it will not have been upgarded.

The 11000 uses a very small memory stick if I rememebr rightly, what size does the 12000 use????

Thanks......

Anne.

Sherry Martin

If you read prior posts, there was a long discussion about memory sticks. You can do a search at the top of the page. I think the final answer was that you can use any size in new 12000.

Do you save your designs on your computer also? If you do then you only really need 1 memory stick to copy the designs onto that you want to use immediately.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <csarina43@...> wrote:

I have designs saved on memory sticks which I use to laod patterns to my 11000, am I going to have to buy new sticks for the 12000. I understand that to upgrade the machine you have to use an empty MS, so I guess you need to have a seperate stick for this and delete the upgrade once you have done it. I suspect that my machine when I get it will not have been upgarded.

The 11000 uses a very small memory stick if I rememebr rightly, what size does the 12000 use????

Thanks......

Anne.

Anne <csarina43@...>

Yes I do have the designs on my computer and also on an external hard drive just in case it decides to do a whoopsie.

I am just slightly excited, I was not getting my machine until March, but thanks to a stroke of luck I am getting it on Saturday!!! I can hardly wait.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The 12000 can use all of your existing 11000 memory sticks, and it can use just about any size you find. However you should buy the least expensive (usually the smallest), because designs don't use much space and you are unlikely to fill a very large one.

If your machine isn't coming until March, it will likely be updated. They mark the version number on the box, so you'll know right away if you need an update. By March we will likely have another one.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <csarina43@...> wrote:

I have designs saved on memory sticks which I use to laod patterns to my 11000, am I going to have to buy new sticks for the 12000. I understand that to upgrade the machine you have to use an empty MS, so I guess you need to have a seperate stick for this and delete the upgrade once you have done it. I suspect that my machine when I get it will not have been upgarded.

The 11000 uses a very small memory stick if I rememebr rightly, what size does the 12000 use????

Thanks......

Anne.

janetpiekarski

Anne-if you don't have your machine yet, it will be the upgraded version-just look on the box to assure yourself and it will have a sticker that has the serial no and other things AND version 1.01 on it (I(the machine itself will flash it on the start up screen too).