Topics

Memory Craft 11000 auto needle threader not working

lakeradio6 <lakeradio6@...>

The needle up/down and auto threader buttons are both lighted light green
When press both beep, and nothing else happens. The display does not change
and no motor runs, only the beep.
What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks

Jim Stutsman

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It sounds like a sensor is detecting that the needle is NOT in the up position, so it's refusing to bring the threader down. Try turning the hand wheel a little bit, then pressing the needle up/down button until the needle is up. If that doesn't work it will need to be seen by a service technician.

Cat Cullingford

Does the foot need to be in the down position before it will operate?

Kathy Strabel

Cat---I guess you can say that the answer to your question is "it depends". I have recently had some trouble with a balky threader on a different Janome machine than yours. I am speaking of my MC500E Embroidery-only machine.  It worked just fine for about 20 color changes, then, it simply did not work. It was the same embroidery session,, same brand and weight  and type of thread, just a different color (and not black, which sometimes seems stiffer and not as cooperative with the threaders...)  The button you press down to activate the threader (on the side of the machine), would only push partially down, and the mechanism only would twist about halfway, so the   threader hook would not swing into place and go through the needle's eye.  I finished my project by just hand-threading the needle. Then I did several other projects without any problem, no hand-threading needed. And again today, I am  embroidering, and in between one color and the next, the threader refused to work properly. Again, same brand, type, and size of thread. It just refused to work.   I have tried all sorts of suggestions---foot up, foot down, (foot should always be UP when threading the upper portion), holding the thread, not holding the thread, checking that ALL guides have been utilized,  Lock button engaged, Lock button not engaged, .....whatever, you name it. The threader just seems to be very quirky and malfunctions without warning or reason.  I'm sorry that this does  not answer your question, but I hope it makes you feel that you are not the only person having this aggravating problem.   Happy stitching and sewing!!
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

Maria Morrow

Press needle down and then up. Sometimes it is in between and must be fully up to use the automatic threader. Then press lock button.  Thread per the book instructions and then hit threader button once it’s all threaded up to ...that little pinchy metal thing ...sorry not at my machine to look it up.

On Jun 1, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Cat Cullingford <cullytrade@...> wrote:

Does the foot need to be in the down position before it will operate?

Lyn Quine

Just read this with interest, my 15000 did this once, and it was because the top thread was trapped underneath the cone on the stand, could your thread be caught up somewhere?  It might be out of sight like mine was.

Maria Morrow

When you press lock, the presser foot automatically goes down!

Maria Morrow
Mobile:  985-640-5024

On Jun 2, 2020, at 7:57 AM, Maria Morrow via groups.io <mariamorrowquilter@...> wrote:

Press needle down and then up. Sometimes it is in between and must be fully up to use the automatic threader. Then press lock button.  Thread per the book instructions and then hit threader button once it’s all threaded up to ...that little pinchy metal thing ...sorry not at my machine to look it up.

On Jun 1, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Cat Cullingford <cullytrade@...> wrote:

Does the foot need to be in the down position before it will operate?

Jean Olson

I don't know anything about a lock button on my 11000. I was having issues till I read or saw this in a video. I do the needle up and down to be sure it is all the way up. Then put the presser foot down. When I hit the threader button, it always comes down. For me, it works well only IF I lightly hold the thread tail to the left and under that white part - very lightly - till I see it is through the needle. If I don't do it, it doesn't get threaded.

Pixey

Kathy,

Are you remembering to engage the lock function from the touch screen and drop the presser foot each time you are wanting to using the threader?  I have found that the hoop position on the MC500e/550e plays a big role in the ability of the threader to function.   Looking at it, you would think everything clears, but it doesn’t and you get what you describe, where it only goes part way down or part way around.  This is why when you engage the lock function from the touch screen and drop the presser foot to use the threader, it will often say to needs to move the hoop to thread the needle.

Pixey

On Jun 2, 2020, at 7:57 AM, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:

[...]

The 11000 does not have a lock button. Of the replies above, I think Lyn may be the closest. If the thread is caught it might cause the threader to fail to come down, with beeping. Otherwise I go back to my initial opinion of have a technician look at it.

Pixey

Actually my response about the lock button was more intended for Kathy, who was expressing frustration with the needle threader on her 500e.  It is a different design from the other machines and more sensitive to the position of the hoop.

Pixey

On Jun 2, 2020, at 5:29 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

The 11000 does not have a lock button. Of the replies above, I think Lyn may be the closest. If the thread is caught it might cause the threader to fail to come down, with beeping. Otherwise I go back to my initial opinion of have a technician look at it.

Cheryl Paul

The MC11000 does not have a lock function and the needle threader is also very different. Does your needle threader come down to the needle so that you can do your part with the thread? I used to sometimes need to coax the needle threader to enter the eye of the needle by gently pushing it forward - then everything worked after that.

Another thing could be that everything is not lined up so it is protesting. It might be worth your time to take it to your dealer and have the technician look at it. I just wish I had that threading system on my 15000, Skyline S9 and my Continental M7. My 11000 NEVER failed me but my new machines work less than half the time, no matter the brand or size of needle I use. The thread shouldn’t matter unless it is a thicker kind. Anything that is a 30 weight or higher should always thread.

Cheryl - Saskatoon
Sent from my iPhone which auto corrects and sometimes my fat fingers engage the wrong letter. So please excuse any errors.