Topics

memory cards from 10 or 11 K

songnbird

I have 3 memory cards from either the 10K or 11K (not sure which one) and I would like to be able to use these deigns, but have no idea how to get them off the cards. Any thoughts on how to do this?

Linda B near Buffalo, NY

Jim Stutsman

If you still have your 11000 you can read them into your computer over the USB cable. Otherwise it's going to be next to impossible to extract the designs because the connector they use is proprietary to Janome and is not available for any external device.

Mary Jo Hirsch

Check with a company which duplicates electronic such as dvd to thumb drive or cd’s

--
null

Carolyn Gazerro

This is what I used to convert all my cards.

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/amazing-box-embroidery

Carolyn 🌹

Heather Penwell

I use a compact flash card reader.
See attached picture. They have a USB to connect to computer.

From Heather

Jim Stutsman

Compact Flash readers work well for compact flash cards, but the Janome Memory Cards are not Compact Flash. They have the same type of pin out, but use different pins than compact flash.

Nyssa Lanzafame

Jim....might this work? If she no longer has the machine?  It’s a 56-in-1 card reader...
IOGEAR 56-in-1 USB 2.0 Pocket Flash Memory Card Reader/Writer, GFR281 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AWAT3K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ZLFeDbX4Z6X5H

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 7:50 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Compact Flash readers work well for compact flash cards, but the Janome Memory Cards are not Compact Flash. They have the same type of pin out, but use different pins than compact flash.

blue_lak

I've seen these types of listings before, but don't know if they've just gussied up a generic listing or if the adapter is really Janome specific. Might Jim know? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Janome-11000-D10000-10001-9700-9500-300E-32mb-Memory-card-32MB/220712739053

Tracy

Nyssa-
No this doesn't work. The device you linked to is for reading other media cards. It will not read the Janome memory cards. As Jim said... The pins are different and putting a Janome memory card into the device's slots would not match up the correct pins inside the reader/writer.

When Janome stopped making memory cards with designs for the machines, they came out with a CD that had all the designs on it from all the cards, starting with those from the MC8000 model. Check with a dealer or eBay for one of the CDs.

Happy stitching!
Tracy in Nashville, TN
Martha Pullen Licensed Educator