MC15000 foot peddle error warning

Jet

I have the MC 15000 and have been using it for about 4 years. The last 2 weeks I have been getting a “warning” error popping up as I’m sewing.  I can’t make anything work until I unplug the foot peddle, let the warning sign go away and plug it in...until this morning.  I couldn’t even finish a single stitch. I just had it serviced and brought this issue to the attention of the service technician. They could not replicate this issue. They played around with the cord jiggling it this way and that. Nope. This morning we unplugged the peddle and turned the machine off. That did not help. Does anyone have any ideas? I’m sewing using the start/stop button but that is not my favorite method of sewing! 😱. Thanks for any and all help.

JetHam

Jim Stutsman

Diane had this problem randomly with her 15000. I also tried all the usual cord-break tests, with the same result - no problem. I went one step further and opened the foot control and replaced the capacitor inside, as that can cause issues. This also did not work. Consulting a dealer friend who sells a LOT of 15000s, we discovered that replacing the foot control is the only option. We did, and have had no more problems.

Ceil J

See if unplugging the cutter piece allows the foot control to work.  That was the issue with mine.  My dealer is about 2.5 hours away and he had me do that to see if the foot control would work without the cutter and it did.  Eventually we replaced the entire unit but I never used the foot cutter anyway so I took it off the unit and stored it.   Ceil

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 5:22 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Diane had this problem randomly with her 15000. I also tried all the usual cord-break tests, with the same result - no problem. I went one step further and opened the foot control and replaced the capacitor inside, as that can cause issues. This also did not work. Consulting a dealer friend who sells a LOT of 15000s, we discovered that replacing the foot control is the only option. We did, and have had no more problems.

Lyn Quine

I had the same problem, I had extended warranty, returned the foot pedal to Janome UK, and it was replaced.  I used the foot pedal from my 6600P whilst it was in transit.

Ceil J

Opps!  (Old age)  Edited to read that when I removed the cutter plug in from my old foot it did NOT work either.  My dealer thought it might be the cutter that was causing the problem.  He sent me a new foot without the cutter until he had one in stock and I could exchange mine.   The idea was that it might be the cutter part causing the problem or it might be the whole unit.  It was the whole unit in my case.

Jim Stutsman

Unplugging the cutter did not work for us either.

Patty Winkler

I had the same issue with my foot control so I ordered a new one. I removed the cutter from the old foot control and it works on my other Janome machine which had a smaller foot control.

Randi Kemper

My 1500 was doing the same thing. After each time I would do the unplugging and turning off and on I would get a few stitches and it would stop with the error warning. I took it into my dealer and had to get a new power supply and foot peddle. I had to wait about 6 weeks because it took that long to get the parts from Janome. It works beautifully now.

But it was an expensive fix.

Randi Kemper

randisbear1@...

--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Jet

Thank you all for your suggestions and your experiences with my issue. It’s always good to know I’m not the only one! Sounds like a new peddle is in the future!

Cynthia Dickerson

I saved this file that I saw at one time with someone having trouble with their foot pedal.  Don't know if it will help, but before you purchase a new one, you might want to see if it is something that can be easily fixed.

Cat - N

About a year ago I had the foot pedal error...same deal...sew a few stitches then power cycle...repeat.  Took the 15000 to the dealer who had no trouble with the foot pedal but replaced it anyway.  Last week, I started getting an error that the cutter cannot be used but the machine still sews once the error is cleared from the display.  Here we go again.  Dealer is about 100 miles from here.  Ugh.  Would be nice if the foot pedal was more reliable.  Not sure if there is anything I can do to help it and haven't had time to unplug, etc., or call the dealer about the issue.  I rarely use the cutter, but would like everything to work even if I don't use all the bits and parts all the time.

- Cat (FL)

Jet

Thank you! I do have a new pedal ordered but my husband will be looking at these instructions and checking out my old one! I LOVE this group!