MC15000 beeping at me

Pat

Good morning,
Please help, my MC15000 started giving me an intermittent "beep" as I sew.  The sewing machine icon in the top left hand corner of the screen is red.  I sew maybe 5 to 10 stitches and it "beeps."  I keep my machine very clean so there's nothing in the bobbin case, I turned off the alert for a low bobbin, I tried a different sole plate.  There is nothing in the troubleshooting section of the Owner's Manual...I am at a loss.  Any ideas?  Thank you in advance.  This group is a great help and I enjoy reading all the posts.

Pat Kowalczyk

Jim Stutsman

If it's not stopping with an icon on the screen, it might be due to an intermittent disconnect in the foot control. Try sewing with the foot control unplugged to see if that stops it. If it does, then the problem is the foot control. Otherwise you may need to see your dealer for a diagnosis.

Pat

Thank you for your help.  Although I tried turning the machine off and on again a couple of times, and it did not help, leaving it overnight seems to have fixed the problem.  Thanks for the tip about the foot control, I'll try that if it happens again.