MC15000 and MBX 5.5

Betty S

I have not been using my MC15000 for about a year due to various things happening in my life. Today I decided I need to get back to my sewing. The problem is I cannot send a design from the computer to the machine (using wifi and MBX 5.5). The machine is connected to the wifi network. There is a wifi icon on the machine and it also shows as connected in the Hub Manager. So what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

Virginia

Your design has to be on an IPad to send to your 15000. It also has to be in one of the apps that we were given when we purchased our machine. Our machine is wifi available but not computer friendly if your computer is a windows operating system.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/1/22 9:18 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MC15000 and MBX 5.5

I have not been using my MC15000 for about a year due to various things happening in my life. Today I decided I need to get back to my sewing. The problem is I cannot send a design from the computer to the machine (using wifi and MBX 5.5). The machine is connected to the wifi network. There is a wifi icon on the machine and it also shows as connected in the Hub Manager. So what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

Betty S

I don't understand your comments because I have always been able to send designs wirelessly using MBX digitising software and my laptop. I just don't understand why I cannot do it now.

Lyn Quine

Betty I am sure I have used MBX to send wireless to my machine, it may have been V5, it definitely doesn’t  from V5.5 I’ve just tried it and I get a message to connect by cable or USB device.  But I am sure I have done it from my laptop, but I had V5 on it.  I didn’t get 5.5 until after I bought my PC.  It doesn’t with Hatch2 either.  It does send from the ipad and Acudesign, I did use it the other day. 

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: 01 May 2022 17:06
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] MC15000 and MBX 5.5

I don't understand your comments because I have always been able to send designs wirelessly using MBX digitising software and my laptop. I just don't understand why I cannot do it now.

Betty S

Lyn, I was able to transfer from computer to machine using wifi and MBX 5.5 when I last used it last year. I never had any problems doing it. That's why I don't understand why this problem has arisen. I've transferred wirelessly with all the versions of MBX and never used cable or flash drive. The wifi feature is one of the features I love about my 15000.

Lyn Quine

I stopped using wifi with my machine when I got my sewing room upstairs, my PC and router were too far apart.  I also found that my machine uses too much wifi.  We had to take everything off the wifi when I wanted to transfer to the machine, even with the iPad.  My PC is downstairs, not enough room in my sewing room, so I just use USB, but occasionally I use the iPad if I’ve got the design unzipped in Dropbox and can transfer to the apps, and then the machine.  Plus running up and downstairs is exercise for me too 😂 

On 1 May 2022, at 19:32, Betty S via groups.io <ekscott78@...> wrote:

Lyn, I was able to transfer from computer to machine using wifi and MBX 5.5 when I last used it last year. I never had any problems doing it. That's why I don't understand why this problem has arisen. I've transferred wirelessly with all the versions of MBX and never used cable or flash drive. The wifi feature is one of the features I love about my 15000.

Betty S

My laptop and 15000 were sitting next to each other and the router only a couple of yards away. I think I may have to resort to USB if I want to get any sewing done. Do I need a special type or size of memory stick? Thanks for your help!

Lyn Quine

It’s normally recommended to use 2GB but I have used a 4GB and an 8, but if it’s too big it slows the reading down.  Just put the USB into the machine and it will automatically format.  It places 2 folders emb and EMBF inside the emb.  You can put folders in both.  

On 1 May 2022, at 19:57, Betty S via groups.io <ekscott78@...> wrote:

My laptop and 15000 were sitting next to each other and the router only a couple of yards away. I think I may have to resort to USB if I want to get any sewing done. Do I need a special type or size of memory stick? Thanks for your help!

Betty S

Thanks, Lyn

Cat - N

Horizon Link Suite (HLS) can transfer designs from Windows PCs to 15000 machines by WiFi when set to transfer wirelessly and the 15000 is in embroidery mode. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 

On May 1, 2022 at 11:43 AM, <Virginia via groups.io> wrote:

Your design has to be on an IPad to send to your 15000. It also has to be in one of the apps that we were given when we purchased our machine. Our machine is wifi available but not computer friendly if your computer is a windows operating system.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/1/22 9:18 AM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MC15000 and MBX 5.5

Debe

Hello Betty, You don't have to have an Ipad to transfer deigns as it can be done with Windows, also. When you transfer wirelessly to the machine from MBX5.5 it goes through Horizon Link Suite (HLS), that is why the wireless icon says LINK in MBX. It then opens up in HLS & then you have to check if the machine & computer are connected. In HLS go to the top left hand corner & click on the circle, a menu will drop down & click Connection Settings. A new box will come up & click on the word Search. The computer will search for your machine & what you had named it. When the name comes up, click on it then click on OK. They should then be connected & you can send the design to the machine. I have an older laptop so when I t log out of thecomputer I then have to often do the Connection setting again. Its a pain, but so nice to send by WiFi.
BUT... if you have not connected the machine & computer for over a year you may have to re-enter your WiFi password into the machine. You have to do this in SETTINGS on the machine. All these instructions are in your manual & easier to go there than for me to type them in.
Deb

Cheryl Paul

So Windows is the problem with the WiFi connection to the computer - do I have that right??? My iPad works just fine and always has, but my computer which is also an Apple MacBook, doesn’t connect. I nearly drove myself “bonkers” trying to get the two to play nice and they NEVER did, so I just said, “The USB works, so that’s what I’ll use”. I was fine with that and will continue to be. I wonder if the new Contintenal M17will “play nice”. I’ll just have to wait and see.

It is a good thing we have several ways to connect to our machines, but it sure can be frustrating when trying to follow directions in the 15000 Workbook when instructions don’t work.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Betty S

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have now solved the problem! The laptop and machine were not connected and this was done through Machine Connections on MBX 5.5. I was then able to send the design wirelessly to the machine using MBX. No need for Horizon Link or iPad. I knew I had done it without any problems in the past and that is why I was finding it so frustrating. Just a simple oversight on my part - I needed to connect the two - which of course makes sense.

Lyn Quine

Yes thank you Betty it did work for a few seconds until the wifi gave out, machine is too far from the router.  I’ll look at getting a signal booster.

Lyn

On 2 May 2022, at 11:23, Betty S via groups.io <ekscott78@...> wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have now solved the problem! The laptop and machine were not connected and this was done through Machine Connections on MBX 5.5. I was then able to send the design wirelessly to the machine using MBX. No need for Horizon Link or iPad. I knew I had done it without any problems in the past and that is why I was finding it so frustrating. Just a simple oversight on my part - I needed to connect the two - which of course makes sense.

Cheryl Paul

I guess I posted a “misnomer” with the WiFi information. I debated on whether to keep my mouth shut or say something - I guess the latter won.

I’m sure that at some point I did connect wirelessly from my computer to my sewing machines (S9 included with the 15000), but it isn’t something that I normally do as computer and machines are at opposite ends on the house. I do however, use the iPad and AcuSetter to get perfect placement when I need it for embroidery. However, my WiFi didn’t connect to my computer recently when working on an exercise from my 15000 Workbook - I just left it alone as it wasn’t important to me. I will however, be very peeved IF the WiFi doesn’t work with my new CM17, I would be using some very strong sewing words.

I am very sorry if I’ve caused anyone confusion. I will try to “think” a little harder before I chime in when I’m not totally sure when I’m passing on information.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

favymtz

Following the conversation about using MBX to send designs directly to the 15000.
I had never bothered to use that function having read the instructions and I didn't have success understanding it, sometime in the distant past.
I decided today to try it again. This is what I discovered, and the manual does not give complete instructions.
Now I understand it better!
Open MBX and get a design open on the workspace, make sure it's in a proper 15k hoop. (Many purchased designs are not, and sometimes they aren't even centered in the hoop, so check all that first.
Connect the machine to the computer with the direct connect cable.
In MBX, Machine/Connection Settings/USB (this is what makes MBX connect to the machine)
Then repeat the process, this time instead of selecting USB select WiFi/Search/
and the program will find your machine. Select it.Then go back to 
Machine/Send a Design/and pick either the built in or one of the USB's if you have one connected.
Unlike Horizon Link, which sends the design directly into the Ready To Sew screen, with MBX you have to save it on the machine or USB in the machine first, then open it to embroider it.

This is what happens between my machine and computer. Maybe not everyone is like mine, having to reestablish the connection each time?
At least with my program which is v5, I must repeat the connection setting between them with the cable each time you start a new project in MBX. It doesn't remember the connection.
If you don't repeat the connection to set up & click on "Send"  you will get the error message "Connection Error. Check the wireless LAN settings"
Hope this helps someone, I sure helped me!!

~Favymtz

Clsoares78@...

What is MXB? I have the 15000 and have only been able to connect Horizon Link to my machine via the usb cable. I did have to get a Wi-Fi booster because my sewing room is in a converted Tuff shed.

Cat - N

“MBX” is digitizer software made by Wilcom FOR Janome…”Janome MBX”…and purchased separately where “Horizon Link Suite” came with the 15000.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 

On May 3, 2022 at 11:18 AM, <Clsoares78> wrote:

What is MXB? I have the 15000 and have only been able to connect Horizon Link to my machine via the usb cable. I did have to get a Wi-Fi booster because my sewing room is in a converted Tuff shed.

Carolyn Gazerro

MBX is the former Janome digitizer program.  They no longer sell it.  Their new one is the Artistic.  Artistic Jr. is what is offered with the new M17.

Betty S

Hello Favymtz

I have to say I have never had to use a cable to link the computer and laptop. I've always transferred wirelessly as that is one of the 15000 features I like.

Betty