From: "Betty S via groups.io" <ekscott78@...>
Date: 5/1/22 9:18 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MC15000 and MBX 5.5

I have not been using my MC15000 for about a year due to various things happening in my life. Today I decided I need to get back to my sewing. The problem is I cannot send a design from the computer to the machine (using wifi and MBX 5.5). The machine is connected to the wifi network. There is a wifi icon on the machine and it also shows as connected in the Hub Manager. So what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

Betty S

I don't understand your comments because I have always been able to send designs wirelessly using MBX digitising software and my laptop. I just don't understand why I cannot do it now.

Lyn Quine

Betty I am sure I have used MBX to send wireless to my machine, it may have been V5, it definitely doesn’t  from V5.5 I’ve just tried it and I get a message to connect by cable or USB device.  But I am sure I have done it from my laptop, but I had V5 on it.  I didn’t get 5.5 until after I bought my PC.  It doesn’t with Hatch2 either.  It does send from the ipad and Acudesign, I did use it the other day.

Sent from Mail for Windows

I don't understand your comments because I have always been able to send designs wirelessly using MBX digitising software and my laptop. I just don't understand why I cannot do it now.

Betty S

Lyn, I was able to transfer from computer to machine using wifi and MBX 5.5 when I last used it last year. I never had any problems doing it. That's why I don't understand why this problem has arisen. I've transferred wirelessly with all the versions of MBX and never used cable or flash drive. The wifi feature is one of the features I love about my 15000.

Lyn Quine

I stopped using wifi with my machine when I got my sewing room upstairs, my PC and router were too far apart.  I also found that my machine uses too much wifi.  We had to take everything off the wifi when I wanted to transfer to the machine, even with the iPad.  My PC is downstairs, not enough room in my sewing room, so I just use USB, but occasionally I use the iPad if I’ve got the design unzipped in Dropbox and can transfer to the apps, and then the machine.  Plus running up and downstairs is exercise for me too 😂

On 1 May 2022, at 19:32, Betty S via groups.io <ekscott78@...> wrote:

Lyn, I was able to transfer from computer to machine using wifi and MBX 5.5 when I last used it last year. I never had any problems doing it. That's why I don't understand why this problem has arisen. I've transferred wirelessly with all the versions of MBX and never used cable or flash drive. The wifi feature is one of the features I love about my 15000.

Betty S

My laptop and 15000 were sitting next to each other and the router only a couple of yards away. I think I may have to resort to USB if I want to get any sewing done. Do I need a special type or size of memory stick? Thanks for your help!

Lyn Quine

It’s normally recommended to use 2GB but I have used a 4GB and an 8, but if it’s too big it slows the reading down.  Just put the USB into the machine and it will automatically format.  It places 2 folders emb and EMBF inside the emb.  You can put folders in both.

On 1 May 2022, at 19:57, Betty S via groups.io <ekscott78@...> wrote:

My laptop and 15000 were sitting next to each other and the router only a couple of yards away. I think I may have to resort to USB if I want to get any sewing done. Do I need a special type or size of memory stick? Thanks for your help!

Betty S

Thanks, Lyn

Cat - N

Horizon Link Suite (HLS) can transfer designs from Windows PCs to 15000 machines by WiFi when set to transfer wirelessly and the 15000 is in embroidery mode.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On May 1, 2022 at 11:43 AM, <Virginia via groups.io> wrote:

Your design has to be on an IPad to send to your 15000. It also has to be in one of the apps that we were given when we purchased our machine. Our machine is wifi available but not computer friendly if your computer is a windows operating system.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device