Topics

MC15000

maryshahn@...

hi Jim. 
I have this machine and love it. It has not been upgraded to a quilt maker version.  I see that you also have not upgraded. What is your opinion on the upgrade?  Thanks, Mary. 

onlinesewing@...

We actually DID upgrade our 15000, but the ones manufactured as Quilt Maker are different. I don't know what all the differences are. As usual Janome does not list them anywhere. The difference in cleaning I got from the manual. There's also a setting in the diagnostics involving the needle threader, which has settings for OLD (not built as Quilt Maker) and NEW (built as Quilt Maker).

Vikki Youngmeyer

I’m having problems getting the Horizon software from Janome for my computer! So is my dealer!  It’s been installed on my machine, but I never got the upgrade from the dealer who has not been able to get it from Janome! Does someone out there have the computer upgrade they could send me?

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of maryshahn@...
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:02 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MC15000

hi Jim. 
I have this machine and love it. It has not been upgraded to a quilt maker version.  I see that you also have not upgraded. What is your opinion on the upgrade?  Thanks, Mary. 

Virginia

Not sure what you mean by Horizon software Vicki.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/29/18 9:36 PM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] MC15000

I’m having problems getting the Horizon software from Janome for my computer! So is my dealer!  It’s been installed on my machine, but I never got the upgrade from the dealer who has not been able to get it from Janome! Does someone out there have the computer upgrade they could send me?

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of maryshahn@...
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:02 AM
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MC15000

hi Jim. 

Virginia

The first update for the 15000 was done as an update from Janome global. The upgrade to the quiltmaker is an upgrade to be done by your dealer which adds features to allow you to use a ruler foot for quilting and other features. Contact your local dealer for the info.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/29/18 5:16 PM (GMT-05:00)

We actually DID upgrade our 15000, but the ones manufactured as Quilt Maker are different. I don't know what all the differences are. As usual Janome does not list them anywhere. The difference in cleaning I got from the manual. There's also a setting in the diagnostics involving the needle threader, which has settings for OLD (not built as Quilt Maker) and NEW (built as Quilt Maker).

onlinesewing@...

She is referring to the Horizon Link Suite 1.3 upgrade that went with the Quilt Maker upgrade to 15000s. Dealers were to register the upgrade, which triggered an email from Janome with a download link for the upgrade. In Vikki's case the link did not work.

Virginia

okay . The Horizon Link needs a special # you have to contact Janome after your 15,000 has been upgraded.  and let them know and they will provide you the code and link to upgrade.  That is what I had to do.

To: onlinesewing-janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jun 30, 2018 10:48 am

She is referring to the Horizon Link Suite 1.3 upgrade that went with the Quilt Maker upgrade to 15000s. Dealers were to register the upgrade, which triggered an email from Janome with a download link for the upgrade. In Vikki's case the link did not work.

dhatfield321@...

My link didn't work either.   Waiting for Janome to respond to my dealer about this.  I think there is a time limit.  This process is horrible.  What if you get a new computer..??? They made more work for themselves than they needed too!

Vikki Youngmeyer

I have tried contacting them with no luck. Do you have a phone number or email address for them. My dealer can’t even get them to respond!

Vikki

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Virginia via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 10:43 AM

okay . The Horizon Link needs a special # you have to contact Janome after your 15,000 has been upgraded.  and let them know and they will provide you the code and link to upgrade.  That is what I had to do.

-----Original Message-----

Virginia

are you in the US vicki?

Sent: Sat, Jun 30, 2018 1:06 pm

I have tried contacting them with no luck. Do you have a phone number or email address for them. My dealer can’t even get them to respond!

Vikki

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Virginia via Groups.Io

Virginia

The contact for Janome in the US is:  custrel@...

Vikki

Vikki Youngmeyer

Yes I am. Houston, TX. Thank you for the info. I will check it out next week.

Vikki

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 12:48 PM

are you in the US vicki?

Vikki

Pam Davison

Wow – when I did not get my software link I contacted Janome and got a link within 15 minutes.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of dhatfield321@... <dhatfield321@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 11:18:57 AM

My link didn't work either.   Waiting for Janome to respond to my dealer about this.  I think there is a time limit.  This process is horrible.  What if you get a new computer..??? They made more work for themselves than they needed too!

Cheryl Paul

I was really fortunate, as my link for the upgrade of Horizon Link Suite was in my email box by the time I got home with my machine.  However, I did have a problem with my computer and needed to contact Janome to get another link.  That went smoothly as well.

I suggest you sent a support ticket from the Janome America website and explain everything in the comments box.  They are usually pretty quick in responding as all that needs doing is to email the upgrade to you.  If there is more involved they get back to you by email or phone.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Vikki Youngmeyer

I finally got the link for the upgrade of Horizon Suite from the Janome email address provided by another subscriber to this list. Within an hour of an email sent to them on July 5, they emailed me the information I needed. I think that email address must be “secret” for those in the “know” as I have yet to see it on any links for assistance on the general website.

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Cheryl Paul
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2018 11:06 AM

I was really fortunate, as my link for the upgrade of Horizon Link Suite was in my email box by the time I got home with my machine.  However, I did have a problem with my computer and needed to contact Janome to get another link.  That went smoothly as well.

I suggest you sent a support ticket from the Janome America website and explain everything in the comments box.  They are usually pretty quick in responding as all that needs doing is to email the upgrade to you.  If there is more involved they get back to you by email or phone.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Barbara Castle

Oh my gosh! It was a very time-consuming task for me. Because I have a gmail acct., the link kept trying to download into google drive. The techs were very patient with me, sending me different links and some other ideas. After several tries and some incredibly long download times, I finally figured out a workaround and got it done. Now, I’ll need to delete the extra downloads and files that I imagine ended up on google drive. Janome has some techs who are responsive to their customers!

Barbara C 

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 8:15 PM Vikki Youngmeyer <vikkiy@...> wrote:

I finally got the link for the upgrade of Horizon Suite from the Janome email address provided by another subscriber to this list. Within an hour of an email sent to them on July 5, they emailed me the information I needed. I think that email address must be “secret” for those in the “know” as I have yet to see it on any links for assistance on the general website.

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Cheryl Paul

I was really fortunate, as my link for the upgrade of Horizon Link Suite was in my email box by the time I got home with my machine.  However, I did have a problem with my computer and needed to contact Janome to get another link.  That went smoothly as well.

I suggest you sent a support ticket from the Janome America website and explain everything in the comments box.  They are usually pretty quick in responding as all that needs doing is to email the upgrade to you.  If there is more involved they get back to you by email or phone.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

cas

What is the secret email address?

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Vikki Youngmeyer

Vikki

Houston, TX

Vikki Youngmeyer

'custrel@...'.  That email address does not show up anywhere on the Janome homepage website.

Vikki

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of cas
Sent: Sunday, July 8, 2018 12:20 PM

Vikki

Houston, TX

Barbara Castle

I just asked at my dealer where they upgraded for me. The tech contacted on my behalf and I had an email from Janome by the end of the day. 

Barbara C

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 11:35 AM cas <cassweet@...> wrote:

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Vikki Youngmeyer

Vikki

Houston, TX

Sandie Williamson

I'm very overdue in adding the upgrade to Horizon Link (because sewing world has been packed as I continue trying to get my new sewing space setup). Anyway, with reading this topic, it occurs to me the link for that update came a very long time ago. I'd appreciate knowing some suggestions regarding search terms I'd use to locate that software update because I'd likely have challenge getting it resent. Thanks in advance for sending suggestions.
Bye, Sandra Williamson.

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018, 11:15 PM Vikki Youngmeyer <vikkiy@...> wrote:

Vikki

Houston, TX

I was really fortunate, as my link for the upgrade of Horizon Link Suite was in my email box by the time I got home with my machine.  However, I did have a problem with my computer and needed to contact Janome to get another link.  That went smoothly as well.

I suggest you sent a support ticket from the Janome America website and explain everything in the comments box.  They are usually pretty quick in responding as all that needs doing is to email the upgrade to you.  If there is more involved they get back to you by email or phone.

Cheryl - Saskatoon