From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of maryshahn@...
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:02 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MC15000

hi Jim.
I have this machine and love it. It has not been upgraded to a quilt maker version.  I see that you also have not upgraded. What is your opinion on the upgrade?  Thanks, Mary.

Virginia

Not sure what you mean by Horizon software Vicki.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

From: onlinesewing@...
Date: 6/29/18 5:16 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io

We actually DID upgrade our 15000, but the ones manufactured as Quilt Maker are different. I don't know what all the differences are. As usual Janome does not list them anywhere. The difference in cleaning I got from the manual. There's also a setting in the diagnostics involving the needle threader, which has settings for OLD (not built as Quilt Maker) and NEW (built as Quilt Maker).

onlinesewing@...

She is referring to the Horizon Link Suite 1.3 upgrade that went with the Quilt Maker upgrade to 15000s. Dealers were to register the upgrade, which triggered an email from Janome with a download link for the upgrade. In Vikki's case the link did not work.

Virginia

okay . The Horizon Link needs a special # you have to contact Janome after your 15,000 has been upgraded.  and let them know and they will provide you the code and link to upgrade.  That is what I had to do.

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Vikki Youngmeyer

I finally got the link for the upgrade of Horizon Suite from the Janome email address provided by another subscriber to this list. Within an hour of an email sent to them on July 5, they emailed me the information I needed. I think that email address must be “secret” for those in the “know” as I have yet to see it on any links for assistance on the general website.

Vikki

Houston, TX

Vikki Youngmeyer

'custrel@...'.  That email address does not show up anywhere on the Janome homepage website.

Vikki

I finally got the link for the upgrade of Horizon Suite from the Janome email address provided by another subscriber to this list. Within an hour of an email sent to them on July 5, they emailed me the information I needed. I think that email address must be “secret” for those in the “know” as I have yet to see it on any links for assistance on the general website.

Vikki

Houston, TX

Barbara Castle

I just asked at my dealer where they upgraded for me. The tech contacted on my behalf and I had an email from Janome by the end of the day.

Barbara C

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Vikki Youngmeyer

I finally got the link for the upgrade of Horizon Suite from the Janome email address provided by another subscriber to this list. Within an hour of an email sent to them on July 5, they emailed me the information I needed. I think that email address must be “secret” for those in the “know” as I have yet to see it on any links for assistance on the general website.

Vikki

Houston, TX

Sandie Williamson

I'm very overdue in adding the upgrade to Horizon Link (because sewing world has been packed as I continue trying to get my new sewing space setup). Anyway, with reading this topic, it occurs to me the link for that update came a very long time ago. I'd appreciate knowing some suggestions regarding search terms I'd use to locate that software update because I'd likely have challenge getting it resent. Thanks in advance for sending suggestions.
Bye, Sandra Williamson.