MC12000-Yellow "star"

Sharron Brittingham

What does the Yellow 'star' mean on my MC12000?  See attached photo.
I've been unable to use the favorite Stitch Adjustment functionality and noticed the yellow "Star" when verifying the Favorite Stitch Adjustment option in Settings was turned on.  I also noticed that the 'Start Up speed" setting was greyed out in the Settings (see attached photo).

Jim Stutsman

It's been a while since I last laid eyes on a 12000, but I believe this is an indicator of Quiet Mode being turned on. From the manual:

favymtz

Your screen is showing the Common Settings that will apply to both the Sewing mode and Embroidery mode. To adjust the items that apply to either Sewing or Embroidery make sure you’re in the applicable Settings.
Favymtz

--
Favymtz

favymtz

Ooops, pardon my previous email re your 12k questions!
No excuse other than not paying close attention to your pics while hubby was fueling up the car!
Yellow star means that you have turned on "Quiet" mode, which will affect several things on the machine. If you page through your settings for both embroidery & sewing you'll see several other things grayed out.
I have never used Quiet mode so I didn't even know that it would affect the Favorite Stitch Adjustment! Learn something new every day!
However, it's also good to know that Favorite Stitch Adjustment if turned on, is activated whenever you use the Adjust screen to change a stitch.
(That's different from the 15000 and possibly other more recent Janome machines, where you can choose to save 2 favorite adjustment per stitch.)
Favymtz

--
Favymtz