MBX Ver 4.OK

granny_412001

Thank you for your answer Jim. After my initial panic (and message) I did find I could open all my designs in Easy design, even though they indicate they are stitch files, not object files. One more question...does this mean I can go in and edit purchased designs and tweak them if I wish?
As you can probably guess I don't have much support here for the Digitizer in this part of NC. In fact one dealer had to "investigate" getting the upgrade as she sells Janome machines, but carries the Brother digitizing system and admitted she didn't know anything about the Janome software. Another dealer doesn't even have embroidery machines in her shop. I really do appreciate your help.
Judy in NC

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Yes, you can tweak in both EasyDesign and EasyEdit. The type and method of tweaking is different in each program. The important thing to remember is that saving a stitch file as a JAN file DOES NOT make it into a true JAN file. It's only a convenience to remind you that you tweaked it, and I would definitely advise against saving a modified stitch file over the original.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "granny_412001" <granny_412001@...> wrote:

Thank you for your answer Jim. After my initial panic (and message) I did find I could open all my designs in Easy design, even though they indicate they are stitch files, not object files. One more question...does this mean I can go in and edit purchased designs and tweak them if I wish?
As you can probably guess I don't have much support here for the Digitizer in this part of NC. In fact one dealer had to "investigate" getting the upgrade as she sells Janome machines, but carries the Brother digitizing system and admitted she didn't know anything about the Janome software. Another dealer doesn't even have embroidery machines in her shop. I really do appreciate your help.
Judy in NC

granny_412001

Thanks again for your quick response. I will make sure I do not save over the original design.
Judy from NC