MBX software question...

christitch <nckrause@...>

Hi, Jim. I have a problem I hope you can help me with. I installed the new BMX software upgrade, brought a design into Easy Edit and attempted to send it to my machine. Whether I try to send it from Easy Edit or Easy Design I am not having any screens come up after that request. There's a bit of flashing, then I see the screen I started with.

It could very easily be operator error (grin) but I'm not sure what to try next. I have the sewing machine turned on, opened to the Open File - Embf Folder in the Embroidery component, and I have my PC securely linked to my machine via PC cable.

What do you think I might have missed? (I should mention that I have already uninsetalled the program and then reinstalled. I was only asked to put in the new dongle, not the old one as well - is that correct?)

Chris

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Chris have you installed the Horizon Link software? When you have selected the 12000, sending to the machine takes the design through Horizon Link to get it to the machine. If you have not installed the Horizon Link software, do that now. Connect to the machine and make sure the software "talks" to the machine before trying to send using MBX. We did experience some erratic behavior with the version 1.0 software in the 12000, so updating the 1.01 may help with that.

Note that the first release of Digitizer MBX will not send a design to the USB flash drive if the 12000 is selected. This will be fixed in the first update, which should be out in a few weeks.

You will never need the old dongle again. The upgrade process destroys it, and configures the new one so it is identical to the full version of MBX.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "christitch" <nckrause@...> wrote:

Hi, Jim. I have a problem I hope you can help me with. I installed the new BMX software upgrade, brought a design into Easy Edit and attempted to send it to my machine. Whether I try to send it from Easy Edit or Easy Design I am not having any screens come up after that request. There's a bit of flashing, then I see the screen I started with.

It could very easily be operator error (grin) but I'm not sure what to try next. I have the sewing machine turned on, opened to the Open File - Embf Folder in the Embroidery component, and I have my PC securely linked to my machine via PC cable.

What do you think I might have missed? (I should mention that I have already uninsetalled the program and then reinstalled. I was only asked to put in the new dongle, not the old one as well - is that correct?)

Chris

Chris Krause <nckrause@...>

Thanks, Jim...I had already installed Horizon Link but I didn't know I
needed to have Horizon Link open when I tried to send a design to the
machine with MBX. It's working now. (The update of the 12000 went very
smoothly, as did the upgrades in previous machines).

Hope everyone's having a good Sunday.

Chris

Chris have you installed the Horizon Link software? When you have selected
the 12000, sending to the machine takes the design through Horizon Link to
get it to the machine. If you have not installed the Horizon Link software,
do that now. Connect to the machine and make sure the software "talks" to
the machine before trying to send using MBX. We did experience some erratic
behavior with the version 1.0 software in the 12000, so updating the 1.01
may help with that.

Note that the first release of Digitizer MBX will not send a design to the
USB flash drive if the 12000 is selected. This will be fixed in the first
update, which should be out in a few weeks.

You will never need the old dongle again. The upgrade process destroys it,
and configures the new one so it is identical to the full version of MBX.

I'm thinking this is a bug, and I'm going to report it as such. Funny thing is, we did this in class at Janome Institute and I don't remember opening Horizon Link first. Of course I also don't remember what day it is - oh yes, Sunday, thank you for reminding me!