Topics

MBX Question

J Fraker

Can anyone help me with this problem?  I am using MBX.  When I open a purchased design, if I want to use the Ambiance Quilting tool to quilt a 1/4" outline around the design, I set it up, but it's like MBX doesn't see all of the design so the line does not end up in the right place.  It actually goes over part of the design and just makes a real mess.  The only way I have found to make it come out right is to digitize a closed line around the outside of the design and then delete it after I use the Ambiance tool.  That's an extra step and kind of a pain to have to bother with.  I've tried the Outlines and Offsets tool with the same results.  Why isn't it seeing the whole design?

Lyn Quine

I’ve read this before and it would seem it’s because it’s a purchased design which is already a stitch format, if it was the native file it would work.  You are trying to mix formats, digitising format is .emb in MBX, but the design in the window is I.e. a .jef or .pes or whatever stitch format.  If you look in he resequence window, if you can see an outline of the design, you could just copy and paste that outline, then do your outlines and offsets, adjusting the size of them etc., then just erase the copied outline if you want to.

Ceil J

Let me first say that I'm the last person to give opinions or advice as I'm still very much a beginner.  I did, however see a video from John Deer that wasn't exactly the same thing but the woman who did it was putting an offset around one of their designs that came in as a lettering file and said that the design needs to be broken apart before the offset would work.  I hope this may help.  Try to break the design apart and then try the offset.  Again, I only offer this as it's something I've heard but I guess you have nothing to lose by trying it.  Hope it helps and if I can find the video, I add it here.

Ceil J

HOUKW705@...

I have MBX 5.5 so don't know if that makes a difference.  I just went to File and then to Insert design command and opened a purchased file that was a JEF format.  I notice as I bring it in that the file is grouped.  Might check and see if your file comes in grouped.  I went to the ambiance quilting tab and clicked on it, set the size of the block making sure that I had selected Use Design Center so it would not try to make it's own center.  Set the design margin to the .25 for the quarter inch and then clicked ok and all of the lines added were on the outside of the design.  Don't know if this helps you in any way.

J Fraker

That makes sense. It's a . jef file. There's no outline, so I guess I just heve to do it the hard way.

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020, 9:17 AM Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:
I’ve read this before and it would seem it’s because it’s a purchased design which is already a stitch format, if it was the native file it would work.  You are trying to mix formats, digitising format is .emb in MBX, but the design in the window is I.e. a .jef or .pes or whatever stitch format.  If you look in he resequence window, if you can see an outline of the design, you could just copy and paste that outline, then do your outlines and offsets, adjusting the size of them etc., then just erase the copied outline if you want to.

J Fraker

Thank you so much! I don't know if that will work with what I'm doing, but if not, I can definitely use the information on some other projects.

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020, 4:09 PM Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:
Found the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64tYCxi-OOM&t=77s

favymtz

Your explanation is exactly correct. The design needs to be grouped all together so that the tool can work properly.
Also note In the Layout tool you have a choice if you want designs to be grouped upon inserting or not.
--
Favymtz