From: "Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io" <onlinesewing@...>
Date: 1/29/20 10:09 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] MBX or Artistic Software

You actually have at least one more option. If you can find a dealer that has Digitizer MB it will work like your current DIgitizer, but with a USB dongle instead of the obsolete parallel port dongle. MBX is the latest incarnation of the Digitizer you have, with MANY more features. It doesn’t use a dongle at all, at least in the sense of something you have to plug in. It can be installed on two computers. Artistic Digitizer is a completely different product from a different company. Each product has its own merits, but going to Artistic would introduce a learning curve since it is so different from what you have. Wilcom, the company that created your current digitizer and all the versions through MBX 5.5, has their own product called Hatch. It works much like the Janome Digitizer and would be compatible with your 10001.

Theresa Lindal

I traded my 10001 for my 15000 and love it, but the dealer was in such a hurry he never bothered to get my accessories so have kept them that was five years ago so hated to throw them out.  All the hoops, cloth setter etc.  have to check what else I have and let you know what else.  Just for the cost of shipping.

Dmrestates@...

Thank you all for the information.  I will be looking for the Digitizer MB now. If I can't find it, I will try the MBX.

favymtz

I wouldn't suggest purchasing an older version of Digitizer. The reason being that Janome Tech support is no longer offering support for it.
I think they quit support for anything prior to MBX 4.0 or 4.5, and they are now up to MBX5.5.
Also, I have MBX5 and Hatch 2. Both programs are very similar, both being made by Wilcom.
What I experience is that MBX has a few features such as Cutwork Tool, and Cross Stitch, that Hatch doesn't have.
But Hatch has some tools: Redwork, Cut Files and a different style of Photo Stitch that MBX doesn't have.
So my recommendation is to NOT buy an old version of Digitizer at all. Then decide which of the features between MBX5.5 and Hatch 2 that will be most useful to you.
Artistic: I haven't heard a lot of good comments on it from a few people who I know have it. I know when I was still working at a Janome shop that I much preferred MBX over Artistic.
Maybe it was just me, but I didn't find it as user friendly, and therefore never purchased it.
There are some good videos available to see how it works on their website. In fact search YouTube, there's so much available to watch to get a good idea of what you might like best.
Any software program is going to mean significant dollars spent, so do some research for yourself.
--
Favymtz