MBX and Corel question

gbmko

I love learning new software, but must admit I don't know the particulars of "How" they work, so here's my question. The MBX has corel draw essentials (which Jim has mentioned does not remove properly if you need to uninstall the program), and I actually own and have Corel Draw graphic suite x5 installed. When I install MBX, will it all be in a seperate "folder", and work as seperate programs, or do I need to do something to make sure they don't "mix" or interefere with each other? Hopefully it won't be an issue, but as I don't know, wanted to ask before installation. Thanks!

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Corel installs as "Corel Draw Essentials X5" under Corel in the Program Files (X86) folder. This should keep it separate from the full graphic suite, and updating the suite from the Corel website will not affect the essentials installed with MBX. All updates to the essentials package will come packaged with MBX updates. The one thing that might get tricky is what program opens when you double click on a Corel file. Usually Windows gives it to the program that was last installed for that file type. You might have to repair the file associations after installing MBX, but otherwise it should be OK.