MBX 4 Issues

Lynnette Johnson

I have had MBX 4 since it came out and mainly do customizing with it, and some simple digitizing. I have always used it on a MAC desktop and a few years ago I started having issues with the screen size and area I'm working on going off in its own direction when moving the cordless Apple mouse and have to try to find it, and also readjust the zoom size I was working with.  It can make the grid size get real small, besides relocating the design somewhere off screen.  I have also tried a plug-in mouse and still have the same problem.  Nine months ago I got a new MAC desktop and still have the same issue.  I'm running Windows XP yet and updated Parallels when I got the new computer.  The other issue is that I have to take out the dongle and put it back in a lot for the computer to recognize it. Anyone have any idea what is going on with this?  I'm seriously thinking of jumping ship to Embrilliance since it is written for the MAC and I don't have to deal with Parallels and Windows anymore.  Any comments on Embrilliance compared to MBX 4 would be appreciated as well.

Thanks, Lynn

Lyn Quine

I’ve not used Embrilliance, but I had MBX V4 which I upgraded to V5 and then V5.5, it’s not just running the program on the Mac that causes the screen to shift and lose sight of the design and the grid to enlarge and reduce, it happened on my win 7 laptop and on my Win10 PC, it’s the mouse, the wheel on the mouse zooms in and out, I think you can change that I the mouse settings.  As far as the screen moving, I think I read you can stop that by turning off scrolling in the settings in the drop down menu at the top of the screen, can’t remember which one.  It’s one of the set ups.  

There is the Artistic Digitizer from Janome, which is written for both Mac and Windows, haven’t used it, and some love it others say it’s not very good, but there is a campaign on currently to download for free  and try it for free for a limited time, don’t know if that campaign is running where you are in the world though, might be worth looking at

Andrea LaVergne

Lynette, the fastest way to get back to a design that “flown” away is to touch “1” this brings back the design in the hoop. To bring the design to fill the screen touch “0”. I have this frequently with MBX4 on my Mac with Fusion both on XP and Win10.
Andrea