machine lust and a dilemma

Jen Stosser <jenerators@...>

OK so I’ve been watching the release and information about the Janome 12000 machine and have developed quite a lust for it, but tempering that lust is the fact that the recommended retail price here in Oz is $11999 – which is more than enough to buy a second hand car that would suit me just fine.

I bought my 11K very soon after it came out here (in fact mine had been used at the seminar at Thailand, and has had problems with its bobbin case and a few other ongoing problems since then).

But yesterday I was at the Stitches & Craft Expo and there was a pricing war going on between two Janome dealers.  One had a sign saying show special: $8499, but the woman said that was wrong and they were now offering it for $8399.  The other dealer (which is the one I’ve dealt with for the past 10-15 years I think) had a sign saying $8999, but the person there said that was wrong and they were now offering it for $8399.  AND they offered me $2000 trade-in on my 11K, sight unseen!

I would also need to buy a new cabinet to put it in, because the new machine is too big to fit into my current Horn Cabinet.  That’s on special at $999 at the moment.

And what about all those feet and extra hoops etc that I’ve bought for my 11K?  And I’m sort of inclined to wait 6 months until all the bugs are sorted out in the new machine (I made the mistake of not waiting on my 11K purchase).

I am VERY tempted, but would need to decide before Monday.

What say you?

Jen Stosser

This message is umop ap!sdn

lindalawes@rocketmail.com <linda.lawes1@...>

Hi
Here are the reasons I bought the machine. I looked at all the others, I am a Bernina girl of old and the bernina I could purchase did not have embroidery, I then looked on the web and decided there were just too many problems, and another group helped me with that decision.
I then decided to have a price in mind and look at the Janome, after reading all the 7700 posts.

I decided that if the deal was good I might have to cope with teething problems but finding this group means I will have help.

So the trade in deal was great, the price dropped for the show and the machine the best I have seen.

I am happy to take on a few teething problems, if three are any, as the machine may have been out of my price range had i not jumped at the deal.

I am going to use my old horn cabinet and stand the machine on top for now as in the UK there is not a cabinet large enough yet.

Personal opinion here .

Hope this helps.

Linda

Patricia Ward

Jen,
I think if your regular dealer is making you that offer then go for it.  To me the dealer and the service is as important as the price and if your regular dealer is offering you that price war price how can you go wrong?

As for the extra feet that you bought-- I think you could use them on the 12000 for the 7mm stitches,, just not the 9 mm.  Jim will correct us if we are wrong..

And for the extra hoops-- if they were part of the upgrade you did, then I would let them go with the machine otherwise sell them on a sewing list.

I look at it this way with the 12000; you have two machines in one.  You have all the quilting features of the 7700 PLUS you have the nice embroidery and larger hoops.  To me that is win win.

Still waiting for mine that I ordered on Oct 1. But I did talk to my dealer yesterday and he said the next one that comes in is mine!  I am very excited.
I decided not to wait to see if the bugs were out; they always offer better deals to get us hooked and to get the machine out there so people talk about it and the sales go up. They offered beefed up deals to get the 7700 out there and then those stopped about 8 weeks later. I was thinking they might do some similar marketing for this machine as well esp when you consider the world economy at this point of time.  So I think the deals are being made now.

Go for it and be happy!  :-)

Pat

Rraffay <rraffay@...>

The feet may snap on but not sit on top of the feed dogs...For this reason I am getting new ones

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch

[...]

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Jen that seems like a very good deal, and worth jumping on. For those observing from the balcony, a few things to keep in mind:

These prices are in Australian dollars. Just converting the prices to your local currency will not give you an accurate picture. Dealer costs vary by country, and pricing at shows will nearly always be well below what most dealers can offer from their store. For those in the US that are about to attend Quilt Festival in Houston, watch for similar price wars.

If you buy from the dealer that you have history with, you should have no problems with support. And as we speak Diane is making videos, for a product that is not yet ready to be announced. We're going to have a lot to offer for this, and other, Janome machines.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jen Stosser" <jenerators@...> wrote:

[...]

Mary A Rease <bigmary@...>

This is not fair Jim!!! Temp us with Diane making videos for a product that is not yet ready to be announced!!! <lol>!!!

Mary A Rease
bigmary@ispmgt.com

If you buy from the dealer that you have history with, you should have no problems with support. And as we speak Diane is making videos, for a product that is not yet ready to be announced. We're going to have a lot to offer for this, and other, Janome machines.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

We're working as fast as we can, but we have had a lot of interruptions. Just yesterday we had 2 18-month old interruptions, and 3 hours of sitting became 6. Try to be patient, we promise it will be worth the wait!