Topics

Mac Horizon Link

kmurphy1@bellsouth.net

Can you put the Horizon Link for the 15000 on a Mac?
Kathy Murphy

onlinesewing@...

Yes, but not directly. Horizon Link Suite is a Windows program and requires Windows to work. Here are several ways to accomplish it: https://www.howtogeek.com/187359/5-ways-to-run-windows-software-on-a-mac/
My preferred method is to use a virtual PC, but that does require additional software and a copy of Windows. The other methods may require a deeper knowledge of tech to implement, and you won't know if they work until you've actually installed one of them. At least that is free to try.

Carol Crisp

The Horizon Link software is designed for a Windows system.  You can run it on a Mac using Bootcamp, or Parallels or VM Fusion, which are all virtual
machine programs that create a Windows system using part of your Mac’s hard drive.  I use VM Fusion (a paid program) with my MacBook Pro and am able to have
both to use both the Mac and Windows programs at the same time.  I think that’s true for Parallels as well.  I tried Bootcamp and didn’t really like having to restart
the computer to toggle between it and the regular Mac system.  That may have changed as Apple improved the program.

Hope this helps a little, good luck,  Carol