Topics

Mac Embroidery Software Recommendation

Sharron Brittingham <brittisl1018@...>

I’m looking for a recommendation for an embroidery software I can use on a Mac. I recently did the free trial of Janome Artistic Designer and liked the software. I was very comfortable using the software but not with the price. I’m not sure how often I would use the software and did not want to spend that much on something I might not use often.

What other embroidery software do y’all use?

Jim Stutsman

Take a look at StitchBuddy. It was created for Janome machines, but also does conversions from the more popular formats. I like that it will send designs to your USB drive, clean up the hidden folders that Apple puts on the drive, and eject the drive, all in one operation. Very affordable! I'm not affiliated, but have a great deal of respect for the developer.

Kay Davis

I enjoy my Embrilliance software. I have Essentials, Alpha Tricks and Enthusiast. All the modules are standalone but work with each other as well. Great customer service, too. And there are lots of great you tube videos. I’ve had a few different software embroidery programs but this is awesome. And on my Mac it just works!

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 11:40 AM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Take a look at StitchBuddy. It was created for Janome machines, but also does conversions from the more popular formats. I like that it will send designs to your USB drive, clean up the hidden folders that Apple puts on the drive, and eject the drive, all in one operation. Very affordable! I'm not affiliated, but have a great deal of respect for the developer.

Mattes

Thanks for your kudos, which I highly value (and I mean it) ... being the developer of StitchBuddy. Just for the sake of transparency: I had to remove the option to clean up hidden files and ejecting the USB drive when StitchBuddy moved into the App Store to comply with Apple‘s Store Guideline.

But so far I found every not ancient embroidery machine being able to just ignore these files.

@Sharron: Just download the free version from the store and test if it fits your needs: The trial version comes with all features, only saving designs with more than 1,000 stitches requires an In-App purchase.

Greetings, Mattes

Sharron Brittingham <brittisl1018@...>

Thanks so much Jim!  Stitch Buddy looks like a great option for me.

Estelle Torpy

EmbrIlliance is embroidery software that comes in parts. You purchase as much or as little as fits your needs. There are video lessons on YouTube and a manual. It is native to Mac but there is also a PC version. I have it on my iMac and a PC laptop. I find it relatively easy to use. All software has a learning curve. I have had Pfaff software, very expensive but I was teaching for a shop then and got a deal. I have used Embird, great software but for PC.

EmbrIlliance has a free 30 day trial like most software. I do a lot of lettering, quilt labels, birth announcements and the name tags for the local quilt guild. EmbrIlliance works well for me because I can just type in what I need, even several lines and then can kern and make a variety of adjustments depending on the font I am using.

Download the trial and give it a spin. Good Luck,  Estelle

On Aug 7, 2020, at 9:37 AM, Sharron Brittingham via groups.io <brittisl1018@...> wrote:

I’m looking for a recommendation for an embroidery software I can use on a Mac. I recently did the free trial of Janome Artistic Designer and liked the software. I was very comfortable using the software but not with the price. I’m not sure how often I would use the software and did not want to spend that much on something I might not use often.

What other embroidery software do y’all use?

Sharron Brittingham <brittisl1018@...>

I will download soon—as soon as I get moved into my new home & get my sewing room organized.
😀