M7 Teflon Needle Plate Stuck

Pam Davison

I put my Teflon plate on on my M7 and now I get the message "Warning the needle plate is not secured."  and the machine is stuck and will not let me do anything else like remove the needle plate.   

Does anyone know how to I passed this so that I can get the needle plate removed outside of taking it to my dealer?

Pam Davison

Nevermind its on page 132 in the manual

Sent: Monday, September 6, 2021 1:48:09 PM
To: Onlinesewing-Janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: M7 Teflon Needle Plate Stuck

I put my Teflon plate on on my M7 and now I get the message "Warning the needle plate is not secured."  and the machine is stuck and will not let me do anything else like remove the needle plate.   

Does anyone know how to I passed this so that I can get the needle plate removed outside of taking it to my dealer?

Cheryl Paul

Hi Pam,

When you got your Teflon plate, was it for the M7? I’m just curious as I have the Teflon Foot, but I don’t have the needle plate for the M7 and I probably won’t get it as I didn’t use the one I had for the 15000, except that it had the bobbin thread cutter and the regular one that came with the machine didn’t (it might have been my 12000 - so long ago that I don’t remember). I know that that needle plate won’t work with the M7 because of the magnetic release as that was a big change from the previous machines needle plates. I hope I never make that mistake, as I have 2 other machines that share many of the same features of the M7 with the HP system. My M7 is just way to heavy and large to need to take in for a mistake that I made and not because it needed it’s annual check-up or maybe I’ll wait for the second year to pass first before that visit. I hope that my hubby will carry it out to the vehicle for me and that someone at the store will haul it in as well.

Cheryl

Pam Davison

I mistakenly thought that the Teflon plate for the 15000 would also fit the M7. Thankfully Janome had enough insight to know that these things would probably happen and it was real easy fix they have a manual release for the plates

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Cheryl Paul <capaul@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 5:02:15 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] M7 Teflon Needle Plate Stuck

Hi Pam,

When you got your Teflon plate, was it for the M7?  I’m just curious as I have the Teflon Foot, but I don’t have the needle plate for the M7 and I probably won’t get it as I didn’t use the one I had for the 15000, except that it had the bobbin thread cutter and the regular one that came with the machine didn’t (it might have been my 12000 - so long ago that I don’t remember).  I know that that needle plate won’t work with the M7 because of the magnetic release as that was a big change from the previous machines needle plates.  I hope I never make that mistake, as I have 2 other machines that share many of the same features of the M7 with the HP system.  My M7 is just way to heavy and large to need to take in for a mistake that I made and not because it needed it’s annual check-up or maybe I’ll wait for the second year to pass first before that visit.  I hope that my hubby will carry it out to the vehicle for me and that someone at the store will haul it in as well.

Cheryl

favymtz

The M7 is a different story, as has been discovered, those plates don't play together!
But acutally, the needle plates for the 12000 and 15000 can be used on either machine because the opening they fit into are identical. I do it fairly frequently.
For example I only have the non-stick plate for the 12000 but use it on the 15000. The difference in the bobbin thread cutter isn't an issue.
When I want to make corded pintucks on the 15000 machine I only have the cord guides that fit the 12000 machine, so I use it's needle plate on the 15000.
Before I purchased the Circular Attachment for the 15000 I used the one for the 12000 along with it's plate on the 15000.
You can even use the HP plate and foot on the 12000, you just have to be very careful because the machine won't recognize the sensors.
--
Favymtz