Topics

loose bobbin tension

Carole O'Mara

I just finished a table runner that was quilted in the ASQ22 hoop (with the magnets).  It was a single run design used all over the quilt.  I used a Mettler 50wt silk finish thread top and bottom and red dot bobbin holder.  The top looks great.  But the bottom threads look loose.  Should I have used a different bobbin holder since I used a Mettler thread?
Thanks,
Carole - CO

Donna Morton

I quilt in the hoop a lot. By default tension in embroidery is not balanced. That is why the back does not look very nice. To overcome this I adjust my upper thread tension to 3.4 and I use the blue dot bobbin case. I do this for the design I am using in “Adjust”. Do not do this in Set. The combination of higher upper thread tension and looser bobbin tension creates a more balanced tension when doing quilting in the hoop.

DonnaM
Canada
Http//www.snipandstitch.com