Loops on top

stitchnpatch

Hi - just wondered if anyone else gets the occasional loop on top of the fabric when embroidering and what causes it? I've had a few today - the machine will stitch beautifully for maybe 5000 stitches then suddenly there'll be a loop on top and will then continue stitching perfectly for the rest of the design, maybe another 6000 stitches. I have been using cotton fabric, Isacord polyester thread, red needle, straight stitch plate, yellow spot bobbin holder with Coats bobbinfil and the 5x5 hoop.

Vicki

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

There are a couple of possibilities. A red tip needle is size 14, measuring 1.4mm. If a design has a stitch that is shorter than 1.4mm both ends of the stitch will be in the same hole and it will pull up in a loop. Switching to a smaller needle, such as a size 11 (blue tip) may help.

Another cause is polyester thread. This thread has a "memory" and is somewhat wiry. As it is flowing through the machine it tries to coil back the way it was wound on the spool and this can lead to it throwing a loop once in a while. On the MB-4 we have found that thread nets help prevent this.