looking for these curtain rings

mah_jongg

Any one know exactly what these are called / brand and where I can find them. They look like they would be nice hooks to hang embroidered thinks on the wall.  Tried googling with no luck. Embroidery website I found them on just told me they were curtain rings. Any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Mahjongg

Kathy Skagen

Was there a picture attached? I can't find one.
Kathy

On Monday, August 2, 2021, 03:06:04 PM CDT, mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg@...> wrote:

Any one know exactly what these are called / brand and where I can find them. They look like they would be nice hooks to hang embroidered thinks on the wall.  Tried googling with no luck. Embroidery website I found them on just told me they were curtain rings. Any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Mahjongg

Kathy Strabel

Post a picture and maybe someone will have an answer for you.
Kathy S.

mah_jongg

So sorry.

here's the picture

JoAnn Novak

Looks like a shower curtain hanger.

 JoAnn

On 8/2/2021 7:10 PM, mah_jongg via groups.io wrote:
So sorry.

here's the picture

ritavlj

Try googling plastic shower curtain rings.

Renee Wojnowski

This question is really for man jongg.

Do you play? Which type do you play? Asking because nobody near me plays, and I miss playing mah jong. I learned in Singapore

Renee

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 3:06 PM mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Any one know exactly what these are called / brand and where I can find them. They look like they would be nice hooks to hang embroidered thinks on the wall.  Tried googling with no luck. Embroidery website I found them on just told me they were curtain rings. Any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Mahjongg

Cheryl Alm

It looks like a shower curtain ring to me.  The small part going in the eyelet of the shower curtain and the large ring going over the rod.

On Aug 2, 2021, at 8:10 PM, mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg@...> wrote:

So sorry.

here's the picture
<plastic curtain rings.png>

Kathy Strabel

Yep, these look like shower curtain rings used in an unconventional way. The "ring" would go over the shower rod, and the smaller "hook" would hold onto the eyelet in a shower curtain. Since the pic says Available In Supermarkets, I would venture to say that these are seasonal, inexpensive items. I would check places like the Dollar Store, Family General, maybe Grocery Outlet, maybe even WalMart or Sam's Club. Also check out a place called Oriental Trading Company online. They have all kinds of inexpensive plastic items--party favors, craft items, household, etc.  I personally have never seen rings quite like these.   Good luck on your search. Let us know if you find them.
Kathy Strabel   Camas W.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 6:20 AM Cheryl Alm <cannalm@...> wrote:
It looks like a shower curtain ring to me.  The small part going in the eyelet of the shower curtain and the large ring going over the rod.

On Aug 2, 2021, at 8:10 PM, mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:

So sorry.

here's the picture
<plastic curtain rings.png>

--
Have a good one!
Kathy Strabel

Lou Ann

Since I don't know what exactly your embroidery project is I don't know if this idea is worth a hill of beans, BUT I have used soda pop-top tabs to hang stuff.  They aren't plastic but do have a big "eye" and the other end can have a hole punched in it (nail and hammer) to create a small eye.  I've actually mounted all of my spool racks to the wall using these so they will hold a few pounds.

mah_jongg

Nice to know of a Mahjongg player. I have one of the Classic Collections board game, use too have games on computer (XP days) (apple app store has some I want but no where near my XP games), and play the game online. Before covid, there was a group who played at the local senior center. I could not attend due to my work hours. No one I know plays the game but me.

mah_jongg

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. If I find them I'll let you know. They are not in my local fabric/craft stores and google got me nowhere except for a roman shade hook (that would work) but its from Amazon UK.

June E Hudspeth

I’ve only played mah-jongg on the computer, my mother used to play with a group and she totally loved it.

Do you play? Which type do you play? Asking because nobody near me plays, and I miss playing mah jong. I learned in Singapore

Renee

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 3:06 PM mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Any one know exactly what these are called / brand and where I can find them. They look like they would be nice hooks to hang embroidered thinks on the wall.  Tried googling with no luck. Embroidery website I found them on just told me they were curtain rings. Any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Mahjongg

Pat

It looks like a Shower curtain hook
I found some on Target’s website and Amazon, too.  Probably also some on Walmart, website.
If a Walmart and/or Target are close, both probably have on the shelf!
Just googling: shower curtain hooks
got me mostly metal versions.
Googling:  shower curtain hooks plastic
added some plastic versions.

Happy Shopping!

Pat

On Aug 2, 2021, at 5:10 PM, mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg@...> wrote:

So sorry.

here's the picture
<plastic curtain rings.png>

Cat - N

There are round, white plastic, sew on curtain rings now, but I recall that shape.  I have no idea who made those or where/if you can still get them. I prefer vertical blinds to curtains/draperies now that those have become available, so I haven’t sewn curtains in a lot of years so no reason to look at buying sew on curtain rings for about 30 years, and so much has changed, too. I don’t know if the round rings would work for your project, though.

Shower curtain rings have some kind of clip or hook, since shower curtains are installed with grommets by the manufacturer, but you might find some style that you could sew on that might work, too, even if it has a small opening.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Aug 3, 2021 at 1:07 PM, <mah_jongg via groups.io> wrote:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. If I find them I'll let you know. They are not in my local fabric/craft stores and google got me nowhere except for a roman shade hook (that would work) but its from Amazon UK.

Pat

My apologies for my recent suggestion for replacing the tear drop curtain rings with shower curtain rings.  They (shower curtain rings) aren’t close to what I see in the picture when I looked again at your email photo.  Somehow I saw a different picture! 😳🙄

Loving treasure hunts (very small ones at least 🙄), I kept searching the internet and couldn’t find anything even close.  However, I did have a thought.  Perhaps this is an item that would be perfect for a 3D printer!  The 3D printers keep popping up in interesting places for either free or low cost use.  As an example, the public library where my sister lives in Oregon allows the printer to be used for free or low cost (supplies?).

Just a thought!

Pat

On Aug 3, 2021, at 10:07 AM, mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg@...> wrote:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. If I find them I'll let you know. They are not in my local fabric/craft stores and google got me nowhere except for a roman shade hook (that would work) but its from Amazon UK.

<tear drop curtain rings.png>

Donna Brooke

Would a buttonhole work?

--
Donna Brooke

mah_jongg

Thanks for the idea on the 3d printer. Will have to check my local library.

Buttonholes are out of the question and pull-tabs scratch my doors.  In the past, I have tried the curtain rings in numerous sizes. Didn't work for me nor does wire. I have been everywhere and nobody carries anything but the round rings. My last option is to stop by the blind place and see what they have. Just want to say thanks for all the help and suggestions though.  If I ever do find the ring I will definitely post it.

thanks again,
mahjongg

Helen Aarness

There is a lady on Etsy that sells 3 d printer items for sergers, maybe she could help. I’ll look for her name if you want me to.

On Aug 11, 2021, at 9:19 AM, mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg@...> wrote:

Thanks for the idea on the 3d printer. Will have to check my local library.

Buttonholes are out of the question and pull-tabs scratch my doors.  In the past, I have tried the curtain rings in numerous sizes. Didn't work for me nor does wire. I have been everywhere and nobody carries anything but the round rings. My last option is to stop by the blind place and see what they have. Just want to say thanks for all the help and suggestions though.  If I ever do find the ring I will definitely post it.

thanks again,
mahjongg

mah_jongg

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 02:35 PM, Helen Aarness wrote:
Thank you for suggesting it. Don't waste your time for me finding her name. Eventually something creative idea may pop into my head that might work.