Looking for a online fabric stores


JoAnn Novak
 

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Cat - N
 

On Jan 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Kathy Skagen
 

I love Mood. They have some things I didn't even know were a 'thing'.
Kathy

On Sunday, January 16, 2022, 05:31:03 PM CST, JoAnn Novak <vinjosew@...> wrote:


 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


JoAnn Novak
 

 Wow!  Thank you so much, JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.

On 1/16/2022 5:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:
I have purchased from:








…maybe more…

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Cat - N
 

You’re welcome. I resisted buying fabric online at first. I like to see and touch it. The first fabric I bought online was French Tricot from Farmhouse Fabrics.  Beautiful fabric!!!  Then I needed to make a baseball themed baby quilt but I live in a small area and very little to choose from, so bought from Missouri Star. Then I ‘got naughtier’ and now there’s lots of fabrics from everywhere. I like Matt Jordan’s hand cut precuts, too. 

I hope you can recompile your list. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 8:22 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 Wow!  Thank you so much, JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.
On 1/16/2022 5:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:
I have purchased from:








…maybe more…

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Cat - N
 

Had to look that one (Mood) up, Kathy.  Some interesting fabrics.  Put it on my own list and will look again later.

- Cat


-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>
Sent: Sun, Jan 16, 2022 8:21 pm

I love Mood. They have some things I didn't even know were a 'thing'.
Kathy


wlstarn@aol.com
 

What type of fabric?
For quilting fabric, try:
equilter.com
Hancocks of Paducah
and numerous small shops on etsy.com.  I've purchased from several etsy shops.

Fabric.com (owned by Amazon) has a more varied selection

Vogue Fabrics, in Houston, has silks and other fabrics.


Elizabeth Mccall
 

There is a company in Tennessee that prints the fabric panels there...... ineedfabric.com. & of course, fabric.comwhich is an Amazon company, for non members too and any credit card. 


On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 9:49 PM Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:
You’re welcome. I resisted buying fabric online at first. I like to see and touch it. The first fabric I bought online was French Tricot from Farmhouse Fabrics.  Beautiful fabric!!!  Then I needed to make a baseball themed baby quilt but I live in a small area and very little to choose from, so bought from Missouri Star. Then I ‘got naughtier’ and now there’s lots of fabrics from everywhere. I like Matt Jordan’s hand cut precuts, too. 

I hope you can recompile your list. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 8:22 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 Wow!  Thank you so much, JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.
On 1/16/2022 5:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:
I have purchased from:








…maybe more…

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Mary E
 

I like this company also. Their knits are really soft. 

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 10:26 AM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
There is a company in Tennessee that prints the fabric panels there...... ineedfabric.com. & of course, fabric.comwhich is an Amazon company, for non members too and any credit card. 


On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 9:49 PM Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:
You’re welcome. I resisted buying fabric online at first. I like to see and touch it. The first fabric I bought online was French Tricot from Farmhouse Fabrics.  Beautiful fabric!!!  Then I needed to make a baseball themed baby quilt but I live in a small area and very little to choose from, so bought from Missouri Star. Then I ‘got naughtier’ and now there’s lots of fabrics from everywhere. I like Matt Jordan’s hand cut precuts, too. 

I hope you can recompile your list. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 8:22 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 Wow!  Thank you so much, JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.
On 1/16/2022 5:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:
I have purchased from:








…maybe more…

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Kathy Strabel
 

For quilting fabrics, go to equilter.com. They have a very wide selection, a nicely arranged search engine for ease of searching, good Customer service. They can be spendy, but they also have Clearance and Sale fabrics all the time.  Good luck!    Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 7:26 AM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
There is a company in Tennessee that prints the fabric panels there...... ineedfabric.com. & of course, fabric.comwhich is an Amazon company, for non members too and any credit card. 


On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 9:49 PM Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:
You’re welcome. I resisted buying fabric online at first. I like to see and touch it. The first fabric I bought online was French Tricot from Farmhouse Fabrics.  Beautiful fabric!!!  Then I needed to make a baseball themed baby quilt but I live in a small area and very little to choose from, so bought from Missouri Star. Then I ‘got naughtier’ and now there’s lots of fabrics from everywhere. I like Matt Jordan’s hand cut precuts, too. 

I hope you can recompile your list. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 8:22 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 Wow!  Thank you so much, JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.
On 1/16/2022 5:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:
I have purchased from:








…maybe more…

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.



--
Have a good one!
Kathy Strabel





Lou Ann
 

Fabric Wholesale Direct has a whole bunch of different fabrics from bridal veils to upholstery and everything in between.  What I especially like about this site is that each category of fabric is accompanied by a little video clip showing the "hand" of the fabric.  They tug/pull to show stretch, crumple it up, etc. to give a real sense of what you're getting.


Kathy Skagen
 

Cat,
I feel just like you. I like to feel and see the fabric. But I moved to a small town without fabric stores and I noticed that even when I drove 54 miles to the nearest JoAnn's that their selection has been greatly scaled back--hardly any knit, no gabardine, etc. So, I tried online fabric stores and was pleasantly surprised. Many have samples that you can purchase so that helps a lot.
Kathy

On Sunday, January 16, 2022, 08:49:22 PM CST, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:


You’re welcome. I resisted buying fabric online at first. I like to see and touch it. The first fabric I bought online was French Tricot from Farmhouse Fabrics.  Beautiful fabric!!!  Then I needed to make a baseball themed baby quilt but I live in a small area and very little to choose from, so bought from Missouri Star. Then I ‘got naughtier’ and now there’s lots of fabrics from everywhere. I like Matt Jordan’s hand cut precuts, too. 

I hope you can recompile your list. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 8:22 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 Wow!  Thank you so much, JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.
On 1/16/2022 5:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Kathy Skagen
 

JoAnn,
 I forgot to mention Etsy. There are many Etsy shops that sell fabric and some of then sell in fractions of a yard which is very helpful when you don't need a whole yard.
Kathy

On Sunday, January 16, 2022, 07:22:46 PM CST, JoAnn Novak <vinjosew@...> wrote:


 Wow!  Thank you so much, JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.
On 1/16/2022 5:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Kathy Skagen
 

I went there with my best friend when we took a trip to NYC and there were so many isles of fabric and so many different kinds (some that I had never heard of) that I left without buying anything! I was totally overwhelmed and could have spent all day there. I have since ordered fabric from them and never been disappointed. 
Kathy

On Sunday, January 16, 2022, 09:07:38 PM CST, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:


Had to look that one (Mood) up, Kathy.  Some interesting fabrics.  Put it on my own list and will look again later.

- Cat


-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>
Sent: Sun, Jan 16, 2022 8:21 pm

I love Mood. They have some things I didn't even know were a 'thing'.
Kathy


Helen Aarness
 

Thank you for the list! Added 2 more to my favorites!


On Jan 16, 2022, at 3:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:


I have purchased from:








…maybe more…

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Pam Davison
 

Late go the party buts here a link from a blog post

 

The Ultimate List of Independent Online Fabric Stores!! - Closet Core Patterns

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: JoAnn Novak
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2022 5:31 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Looking for a online fabric stores

 

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.



 


Cat - N
 

That’s kind of what’s here. Years ago (1987, when I moved here), we had several fabric stores, and Kmart and Wal-mart had large fabric sections, too. But that changed until there isn’t a lot left. Wal-mart has re-added fabrics to their many new supercenters here but it’s the same fabric…if it’s in stock at that location. 

But I have bought a lot of fabric online at this point…no idea how many Etsy/Amazon sellers, etc., and I can’t remember all the websites. Lol. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 17, 2022 at 12:04 PM, <Kathy Skagen> wrote:

Cat,
I feel just like you. I like to feel and see the fabric. But I moved to a small town without fabric stores and I noticed that even when I drove 54 miles to the nearest JoAnn's that their selection has been greatly scaled back--hardly any knit, no gabardine, etc. So, I tried online fabric stores and was pleasantly surprised. Many have samples that you can purchase so that helps a lot.
Kathy

On Sunday, January 16, 2022, 08:49:22 PM CST, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:


You’re welcome. I resisted buying fabric online at first. I like to see and touch it. The first fabric I bought online was French Tricot from Farmhouse Fabrics.  Beautiful fabric!!!  Then I needed to make a baseball themed baby quilt but I live in a small area and very little to choose from, so bought from Missouri Star. Then I ‘got naughtier’ and now there’s lots of fabrics from everywhere. I like Matt Jordan’s hand cut precuts, too. 

I hope you can recompile your list. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 




On Jan 16, 2022 at 8:22 PM, <JoAnn Novak> wrote:

 Wow!  Thank you so much, JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.
On 1/16/2022 5:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.


Sewhat
 

Fabric Mart
shannon fabrics
Gloria Horn Studio
Fat Quarter Shop


S B
 

1.  Vogue Fabric--outside Chicago https://www.voguefabricsstore.com/

    big retail shop,too        mostly apparel fabric with some home dec, little quiliting cotton, supplies


2..Fabric Mart             https://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/

    amazing prices        it's a mystery :-)   you never know what they will have on what day

        virtually all apparel fabric        get on the mailing list--they have constant sales        I still have some of the great woolens I bought here


3.  Fabric Shack        https://www.fabricshack.com/

                Quilting cottons        great variey        good clearance prices


4.    Wish upon a quilt https://wishuponaquilt.com/pages/specials

                Quilting cotton        Good variety        good sale prices


5.   Thousands of Bolts https://www.thousandsofbolts.com/index.cfm?deviceType=WidePC

                Great Variety            Great Prices


6.   5 Bucks a Yard                https://www.5bucksayard.com/

            Quilting cottons  Sale fabrics for very good sale prices       Limited quantities, change stock frequently


7.  Quilt Fabric Closeouts https://quiltfabriccloseouts.com/

                Quilting cotton            Bigger variety Great Prices


8.  Sauders Fabric  (Zooks Fabrics) https://www.saudersfabric.com/

            Quilting Cottons        Wide variety            Great sale prices

                New owners recently took over this shop in Amish PA country.  Prices seem to be the same so far.

9.   BackSide Fabrics            https://backsidefabrics.com/

                Wide back quilting cottons        Supplies     Excellent prices for wide backs

Happy hunting !

Sue, Fabric Enabler


Elizabeth Mccall
 

HI ALL,   Just a heads up.... TODAY ONLY :       EMAIL25    for FABRIC .COM   at checkout,   you will have 25% off your order .
I just ordered some lovely Batik fabrics, and flannels , as  I make the baby layette self binding flannel blankets for our Group C out of Brevard NC for Western NC Quilt Guild which is Hendersonville & Brevard. We donate many Charity  Quilts  plus  Quilts of Valor and ( I do 1.5 gallon plastic bags filled with blankets &  baby layette starter sets (onezzs, socks, bibs etc.)
 These are donated throughout our county. 


On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 12:06 PM Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:
JoAnn,
 I forgot to mention Etsy. There are many Etsy shops that sell fabric and some of then sell in fractions of a yard which is very helpful when you don't need a whole yard.
Kathy

On Sunday, January 16, 2022, 07:22:46 PM CST, JoAnn Novak <vinjosew@...> wrote:


 Wow!  Thank you so much, JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.
On 1/16/2022 5:42 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:

 I am looking for the names of a few online fabric stores.

 I had a file but some how it got deleted.

  So any help is appreciated

 Thanks,  JoAnn

Life's biggest decision is what you do with Jesus.