Left over bobbin thread

Maria Boyle

Hello Jim,

I find that the machine leaves way too much thread on the bobbin, when it tells me insufficient bobbin thread to finish. I went to settings and have bobbin thread down to 1. Wish there was a way to over ride this. I can't find any answers in the book. Hope you can help me.

María

Sent from my iPad

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

We have found that a value of 1 leaves about a yard of thread on the bobbin. If yours is more than that you can have your dealer recalibrate the setting. It's a simple adjustment. Note too that when the low bobbin message appears if you don't touch the screen, but just start sewing again, you can continue almost to the last shred of thread.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Maria Boyle <maruka1@...> wrote:

Hello Jim,

I find that the machine leaves way too much thread on the bobbin, when it tells me insufficient bobbin thread to finish. I went to settings and have bobbin thread down to 1. Wish there was a way to over ride this. I can't find any answers in the book. Hope you can help me.

María

Sent from my iPad

Maria Boyle

Thanks Jim,

I am doing embroidery. Haven't used the sewing yet. But I did discover, that if you x out the message that bobbin thread may not be sufficient, the machine will continue to embroider. I sat there watching and it sewed for another 8 minutes before I got the message again. This time I took the bobbin out, didn't want to push my luck. Could this have been one of the update improvements? Cause before the update, it wouldn't let me continue, no matter what I did.

Unfortunately my dealer is 4 1/2 hours from where I live.

María

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 18, 2011, at 2:03 PM, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@onlinesewing.com> wrote:

We have found that a value of 1 leaves about a yard of thread on the bobbin. If yours is more than that you can have your dealer recalibrate the setting. It's a simple adjustment. Note too that when the low bobbin message appears if you don't touch the screen, but just start sewing again, you can continue almost to the last shred of thread.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Maria Boyle <maruka1@...> wrote:

Hello Jim,

I find that the machine leaves way too much thread on the bobbin, when it tells me insufficient bobbin thread to finish. I went to settings and have bobbin thread down to 1. Wish there was a way to over ride this. I can't find any answers in the book. Hope you can help me.

María

Sent from my iPad

vicki chrobak

Maria, In the set menu, you can choose when or if you want a low bobbin warning. I think the scale is 0 to 5. Just play with your menu & you'll find it. In another area you can also change thread brand. Its default is Janome--thus your color changes in embroidery will show Janome color #s. Another thing I changed was to not allow it to combine colors when they are the same. If you follow the machine thread changes, no worry but if you are using a chart it can cause a surprise.

--
Vicki Jo

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

I don't know whether the update affected this, as we had not tried it before updating.