Topics

Krissyb here

kkrissyb <krissy.b@...>

Hi Gloria, I did answer you before but I have found that if I don't post my message from the yahoo website it bounces.

I purchased that little wooden spoolholder at a small sewing shop in Brisbane Australia about six years ago. It was made by a clever husband of one of the sewing ladies. The shop has a website and I have searched it and cannot find the spindle for sale. The man who made it was retired and didn't make many.

This is the website http://www.bevgorrysewing.com.au/

I have taken another picture of it sitting on top of my 12000 and it works like a dream. I will upload the photo now

Kris in Aus

seamgood <seamgood@...>

Dear Kris,
Thank you so much for answering me. I am going to try to write to that store and see if they might have anymore. Does the little round disk on the big block spin around and how is it held in place...by a screw and bolt maybe? Oh, I would consider making one myself, I want one so badly! lol I'm a sucker for hand made wooden things!
I'll let you know how I make out writing to the store. Could you maybe take a picture of the underneath of the wooden spool holder for me so I can see exactly how it is put together. I just might be able to make me one! lol And would you say it is about 3 inches in length?
Thank you again, Kris. If you want to email me off line, I'm
seamgood@gmail.com
Thank you!
Gloria in Massachusetts

I purchased that little wooden spoolholder at a small sewing shop in Brisbane Australia about six years ago. It was made by a clever husband of one of the sewing ladies. The shop has a website and I have searched it and cannot find the spindle for sale. The man who made it was retired and didn't make many.

This is the website http://www.bevgorrysewing.com.au/

Kris in Aus

itsatweetything

I would love to see that picture of the underneath of the wood spool
holder, as well.  My husband could make me one. But he will need
pictures.

Thank You
Maureen

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM, seamgood <seamgood@...> wrote:

Dear Kris,
Thank you so much for answering me. I am going to try to write to that store and see if they might have anymore. Does the little round disk on the big block spin around and how is it held in place...by a screw and bolt maybe? Oh, I would consider making one myself, I want one so badly! lol I'm a sucker for hand made wooden things!
I'll let you know how I make out writing to the store. Could you maybe take a picture of the underneath of the wooden spool holder for me so I can see exactly how it is put together. I just might be able to make me one! lol And would you say it is about 3 inches in length?
Thank you again, Kris. If you want to email me off line, I'm
seamgood@...
Thank you!
Gloria in Massachusetts

> I purchased that little wooden spoolholder at a small sewing shop in Brisbane Australia about six years ago. It was made by a clever husband of one of the sewing ladies. The shop has a website and I have searched it and cannot find the spindle for sale. The man who made it was retired and didn't make many.
>
> This is the website http://www.bevgorrysewing.com.au/
>
> Kris in Aus

Anna C Simon <rbs11739@...>

Kris,

I also would like to see more pictures of this wood spool holder. My husband is a very good carpenter, and I'm sure he could make me one.
You can email me off group as well.
 Thanks.

Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.

I would love to see that picture of the underneath of the wood spool
holder, as well.  My husband could make me one. But he will need
pictures.

Thank You
Maureen

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM, seamgood <seamgood@...> wrote:

Dear Kris,
Thank you so much for answering me. I am going to try to write to that store and see if they might have anymore. Does the little round disk on the big block spin around and how is it held in place...by a screw and bolt maybe? Oh, I would consider making one myself, I want one so badly! lol I'm a sucker for hand made wooden things!
I'll let you know how I make out writing to the store. Could you maybe take a picture of the underneath of the wooden spool holder for me so I can see exactly how it is put together. I just might be able to make me one! lol And would you say it is about 3 inches in length?
Thank you again, Kris. If you want to email me off line, I'm
seamgood@...
Thank you!
Gloria in Massachusetts

> I purchased that little wooden spoolholder at a small sewing shop in Brisbane Australia about six years ago. It was made by a clever husband of one of the sewing ladies. The shop has a website and I have searched it and cannot find the spindle for sale. The man who made it was retired and didn't make many.
>
> This is the website http://www.bevgorrysewing.com.au/
>
> Kris in Aus

kkrissyb <krissy.b@...>

I will take pictures of the underneath of the spindle stand and upload them to the folder, I imagine a lot of husbands could make one with their eyes shut (almost)

Kris in Aus