Topics

Just joined

mc11000jes <joan.e.smith@...>

Hi all,
Purchased/upgraded to the MC12000 on 19 November. So far have made the Tree-mendous (purchased from Embroidery.com) and am halfway thru making a hearts and butterflies quilt as you go for an 18th birthday in March.

My husband purchased a MC9500 in 2005 as a Wedding Anniversay gift then in 2007 he purchased the MC11000 as a get well gift to ensure I did all my physio after a operation on my right shoulder. I upgraded the MC11000 in 2008 - never again as within a month of the upgrade the memory board burnt out. Never mind, after some dispute Janome accepted responsibilty and replaced the memory board and it worked fine until I sold both of these machines recently to help fund the purchase of the MC12000.

Am enjoying the bigger hoops and extra features. Only thing I don't understand is that in settings it has a feature "retain original threads". To me that means that if it was digitised in Robinson Anton or Marathon etc then it this feature has been selected and you call up the design from your usb stick it should still be in the original thread it was digitised in but instead it comes up in Janome Acyrilic. My best friend also bought the MC12000 (she upgraded from a worn out 300E) and hers also changes to Janome Acyrillic.

Anyone have any answers or come across this yet?

Joan
Newcastle NSW Australia

Sherry Martin

Is it possible that the original digitized thread brand isn't one of the choices so it uses Janome acrylic as a default? I normally use a thread brand that isn't included in the list of threads so I haven't paid much attention to that feature, I just look at the color.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "mc11000jes" <joan.e.smith@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Designs that have been digitized with Janome Digitizer can have exact thread brand and color information embedded in them. If you choose the "Retain" option that information will be displayed on screen. Otherwise it will either display the Janome thread color or the Janome color translated to the matching color of the brand you have selected. The Janome thread palette contains only 78 colors, which is never enough!