From: Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@... [janome12000]
Sent: Saturday, June 3, 2017 2:16 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Janome recommendation

I love my 15000....but I do NOT love lugging it to events.

Does anyone have the Skyline S3, S5, S7? Do any of these machines use the same feet as the MC15000? I want to get a smaller machine but one that uses all the feet I already have.

Thanks for any input.

Estelle Torpy

Hi Maria,

I have the Skyline 7 as my take to class machine and all the feet fit both machines. I find it a pleasure to use, almost as great as the 15000.
It does have a manual needle threader which has worked perfectly. I did have to get use to the lower presser foot button being the top button and the thread cutter button to the right of it. Minor adjustment.

I love that I can use the same bobbin in both machines. I have used the power cord and foot control interchangeably when I didn’t want to crawl under the table to unplug cords.

It quilts great and I have used the S7 to demo free-motion quilting and ruler work.

I would definitely recommend the S7. Good luck with your choice.

Estelle

On Jun 3, 2017, at 11:12 AM, Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I love my 15000....but I do NOT love lugging it to events.

Does anyone have the Skyline S3, S5, S7? Do any of these machines use the same feet as the MC15000? I want to get a smaller machine but one that uses all the feet I already have.

Thanks for any input.

Maria Morrow

Thanks you!  That's less expensive than the S-9 so that's good. Anyone have the S5? I'm hoping to get by for less $$ than the S7, but only with interchangeable feet.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 3, 2017, at 2:57 PM, Estelle Torpy emtorpy@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Barbara Romanufa

I also have the S7 as a backup to my 15000.  Love it!  I can go between the two machines without a second though.  Not quite as smooth as the 15000, but does a great job and I can use the same feet.  Still a bit on the heavy side, but I can manage at 76 years old.

Barbara

prc

We have the S5 and Linda loves it. All the feet work with it except it has it own dual feed foot that is different.  We paid $900 for it about a year ago.  Not only is it lighter but Linda preferes it for piecing over the 12000.

Paul

Liz Borgman

I had and s5 and just traded it in for a s7, the 7 has the same acufeed foot as the 15000, the 5  does not. Plus has other features that the 1500 has.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 3, 2017, at 5:43 PM, Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you!  I have a goal now. I love the 15000, but my back doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 4, 2017, at 8:12 AM, paul.cushing@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

We have the S5 and Linda loves it. All the feet work with it except it has it own dual feed foot that is different.  We paid $900 for it about a year ago.  Not only is it lighter but Linda preferes it for piecing over the 12000.

Paul

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

Does anyone know about the 500e for embroidery?  Is it too new to find any used ones?  I I don't want to pay as much as a new one costs, since trading what I have would mean an outlay of cash.  Most dealers don't publish the prices at all, so the only thing I have to go by is s Janome flier, advertising it for $2999, including some extras I don't need.  My dealer said it retails for $2399, but I don't know if that's new or used.  I also don't have any idea what my 12000 is worth in a trade.  I'm guessing under $2000.  I could probably swing s few hundred out of pocket, but not much more.  Are there any tecommendations for a separate lightweight embroidery only machine? I can use the 3160 for sewing.  I'm skeptical about ebay and Craig's List.  Would rather pay for a dealer who stands behind his machines.  Sue Raabe

Jill Kenyon <jpkenyon@...>

I have a350e and considered trading it on a 500e.  The dealer quoted me $3,000 with a trade in of $800, so net of $2,200 and they would included classes and a small sampler kit of supplies, none if which I really needed.  I ended up keeping the 350e but bought the HMC14000, so now I have 4 Janomes.  I just can't part with any of them.
--
 Write your sorrows in sand . . . .  your blessings in stone.

Maria Morrow

Ha ha. Well I have a 15000 but I'm going to get a Skyline S3 or S5 to take to events. I cannot lift that 15000 into the car.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2017, at 4:45 PM, Jill Kenyon jpkenyon@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I have a350e and considered trading it on a 500e.  The dealer quoted me $3,000 with a trade in of $800, so net of $2,200 and they would included classes and a small sampler kit of supplies, none if which I really needed.  I ended up keeping the 350e but bought the HMC14000, so now I have 4 Janomes.  I just can't part with any of them.

--
 Write your sorrows in sand . . . .  your blessings in stone.

MarieD

... and I can't lift my 500e into the car. It is one heavy embroidery
machine. My 300e is easier to move.

Marie