Janome recommendation

Maria Morrow

I love my 15000....but I do NOT love lugging it to events.

Does anyone have the Skyline S3, S5, S7? Do any of these machines use the same feet as the MC15000? I want to get a smaller machine but one that uses all the feet I already have.

Thanks for any input.

Pam Davison

S5 and S7 use same feet as MC15000

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, June 3, 2017 2:16 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Janome recommendation

Does anyone have the Skyline S3, S5, S7? Do any of these machines use the same feet as the MC15000? I want to get a smaller machine but one that uses all the feet I already have.

Thanks for any input.

Estelle Torpy

Hi Maria,

I have the Skyline 7 as my take to class machine and all the feet fit both machines. I find it a pleasure to use, almost as great as the 15000. 
It does have a manual needle threader which has worked perfectly. I did have to get use to the lower presser foot button being the top button and the thread cutter button to the right of it. Minor adjustment.

I love that I can use the same bobbin in both machines. I have used the power cord and foot control interchangeably when I didn’t want to crawl under the table to unplug cords.

It quilts great and I have used the S7 to demo free-motion quilting and ruler work. 

I would definitely recommend the S7. Good luck with your choice.

Estelle

On Jun 3, 2017, at 11:12 AM, Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Thanks for any input. 

Maria Morrow

Thanks you!  That's less expensive than the S-9 so that's good. Anyone have the S5? I'm hoping to get by for less $$ than the S7, but only with interchangeable feet. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 3, 2017, at 2:57 PM, Estelle Torpy emtorpy@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Hi Maria,

I have the Skyline 7 as my take to class machine and all the feet fit both machines. I find it a pleasure to use, almost as great as the 15000. 
It does have a manual needle threader which has worked perfectly. I did have to get use to the lower presser foot button being the top button and the thread cutter button to the right of it. Minor adjustment.

I love that I can use the same bobbin in both machines. I have used the power cord and foot control interchangeably when I didn’t want to crawl under the table to unplug cords.

It quilts great and I have used the S7 to demo free-motion quilting and ruler work. 

Estelle

On Jun 3, 2017, at 11:12 AM, Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Thanks for any input. 

Barbara Romanufa

I also have the S7 as a backup to my 15000.  Love it!  I can go between the two machines without a second though.  Not quite as smooth as the 15000, but does a great job and I can use the same feet.  Still a bit on the heavy side, but I can manage at 76 years old.

Barbara

prc

We have the S5 and Linda loves it. All the feet work with it except it has it own dual feed foot that is different.  We paid $900 for it about a year ago.  Not only is it lighter but Linda preferes it for piecing over the 12000.

Paul

Liz Borgman

I had and s5 and just traded it in for a s7, the 7 has the same acufeed foot as the 15000, the 5  does not. Plus has other features that the 1500 has.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 3, 2017, at 5:43 PM, Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Thanks you!  That's less expensive than the S-9 so that's good. Anyone have the S5? I'm hoping to get by for less $$ than the S7, but only with interchangeable feet. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 3, 2017, at 2:57 PM, Estelle Torpy emtorpy@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Hi Maria,

Estelle

Thanks for any input. 

Maria Morrow

Thank you!  I have a goal now. I love the 15000, but my back doesn't. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 4, 2017, at 8:12 AM, paul.cushing@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

We have the S5 and Linda loves it. All the feet work with it except it has it own dual feed foot that is different.  We paid $900 for it about a year ago.  Not only is it lighter but Linda preferes it for piecing over the 12000.

Paul

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

Does anyone know about the 500e for embroidery?  Is it too new to find any used ones?  I I don't want to pay as much as a new one costs, since trading what I have would mean an outlay of cash.  Most dealers don't publish the prices at all, so the only thing I have to go by is s Janome flier, advertising it for $2999, including some extras I don't need.  My dealer said it retails for $2399, but I don't know if that's new or used.  I also don't have any idea what my 12000 is worth in a trade.  I'm guessing under $2000.  I could probably swing s few hundred out of pocket, but not much more.  Are there any tecommendations for a separate lightweight embroidery only machine? I can use the 3160 for sewing.  I'm skeptical about ebay and Craig's List.  Would rather pay for a dealer who stands behind his machines.  Sue Raabe

Jill Kenyon <jpkenyon@...>

I have a350e and considered trading it on a 500e.  The dealer quoted me $3,000 with a trade in of $800, so net of $2,200 and they would included classes and a small sampler kit of supplies, none if which I really needed.  I ended up keeping the 350e but bought the HMC14000, so now I have 4 Janomes.  I just can't part with any of them.
--
 Write your sorrows in sand . . . .  your blessings in stone.

Maria Morrow

Ha ha. Well I have a 15000 but I'm going to get a Skyline S3 or S5 to take to events. I cannot lift that 15000 into the car. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2017, at 4:45 PM, Jill Kenyon jpkenyon@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I have a350e and considered trading it on a 500e.  The dealer quoted me $3,000 with a trade in of $800, so net of $2,200 and they would included classes and a small sampler kit of supplies, none if which I really needed.  I ended up keeping the 350e but bought the HMC14000, so now I have 4 Janomes.  I just can't part with any of them.

--
 Write your sorrows in sand . . . .  your blessings in stone.

MarieD

... and I can't lift my 500e into the car. It is one heavy embroidery
machine. My 300e is easier to move.

Marie

-----Original Message-----
From: Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@gmail.com [janome12000]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 7:34 PM
To: janome12000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Re: Janome recommendation

I cannot lift that 15000 into the car.

marjackpot@yahoo.com

I bought the 400E from Ken's Sewing.  It is the same machine as the 500E except the largest hoop is a 8X8 instead of 8X11.  I really didn't need anything larger than that and I  really love this machine.  The price on line with them  for the 400E is 1495.00.  You can check as to the price of the 500, they don't post it and what they quoted me was several months ago and it may be different now.  You will love dealing with these people, I just bought a 6300 from them, I wore my 6500 out LOL.

Marge in Fl.

Jill Kenyon <jpkenyon@...>

That's where I bought my last 2 machines.  Their staff is very helpful.

Ann Jones

Love my 500E having last used embroidery on the 8000. The machine is awkward as well because the arm does not close and one must be careful in its carrying and transportation. To this end am buying the trolley designed for it as protection when having to shift it. This adds to its cost but worth it I believe.
Ann 

Sent from Yahoo7 Mail. Get the app

On Thursday, 8 June 2017, 22:33, "'MarieD' vze2c6r5@... [janome12000]" wrote:

... and I can't lift my 500e into the car. It is one heavy embroidery
machine. My 300e is easier to move.

Marie

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 7:34 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Re: Janome recommendation

I cannot lift that 15000 into the car.

maryjoe2@...

Hello, i see here you have a 400e, I bought mine used and do not have a dealer. here's my problem,  I put my usb stick/drive in and the folder comes on but no designs when I click again. [ I have it formatted and can see the designs on the computer but it won't open n in the machine ] I have tried to find help on line but can't seem to find any. Do you know of a you tube or site that could help. I would appreciate any help
thanks, Mary

Kathy Strabel

MaryJoe---I have a 500e and once in a while I have the same problem with seeing the design file on the computer, but not being able to see it on the machine's screen when the USB stick is inserted. First, be sure that your design was placed in the EMBF folder, not the EMB file.    Design files must reside in the EMBF folder to be read by the machine. The next possibility is that the design itself is too large for the hoop that you have selected to use.  This may be just a single stitch that exceeds the capacity of the hoop. You may remedy this by rotating your design within the hoop so that every single stitch fits into the hoop. Or----you can choose the next larger hoop and open the design in that next larger hoop.  It would be a real help if the machine would sent an error code and tell you that something is amiss with your design/hoop size and/or the orientation of the design within the hoop. But it does not. Nor, does it tell you that the design file is not found in the EMBF file.  So, I have started thinking that when ever I might not be able to see a design on my screen, but I KNOW it is in my USB stick, I go to check to make sure it is in the EMBF folder, and that the design fits fully into the hoop I have chosen. So far, that has solved it every time for me.  At first, I wrote a note on a Post-It and stuck it near my machine to remind me,  and it soon became a regular habit if I cannot see my design on the machine's screen.  Good luck, I hope this solves your mystery.
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

Tracy

Mary-

The most common reason for this is that the design (on your computer) is not rotated so that it will fit the orientation of the hoop you have chosed.  Turn the design 90degrees, save it to the USB and see if it shows up then.  If even 1 stitch is outside the embroidery "stitch field" of the hoop you want to use, the design will not show up for your to pick and be able to stitch - but it will still show up when you look at the file on your computer.

Tracy in Nashville, TN

Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

valora hammond

You might not have put it in the right folder that the machine first looks at for the design. Use the “go up” arrow (right angle arrow). This will look at the whole usb.  Also don’t forget to turn the page. If you have other designs on the usb the designs are separated by hoop size so there might be multiple pages with Judy one or two designs on them. 

On Jan 5, 2021, at 7:59 PM, Tracy <TJOriginals@...> wrote:

Mary-

The most common reason for this is that the design (on your computer) is not rotated so that it will fit the orientation of the hoop you have chosed.  Turn the design 90degrees, save it to the USB and see if it shows up then.  If even 1 stitch is outside the embroidery "stitch field" of the hoop you want to use, the design will not show up for your to pick and be able to stitch - but it will still show up when you look at the file on your computer.

Tracy in Nashville, TN

Martha Pullen Licensed Educator