Janome Memory Craft 11000

katz11west

Found one last weekend at an estate sale.  $600.00.  Was scheduled to go back following day to see it plugged in and working.  Been texting person running sale that I would definitely buy it if it was in working condition.  Texted her following morning @ 8:30  told her I would be there between 9 and 9:30.  (sale opened at 9:00)   She said a lot of people already there and come as soon as possible.  When I got there people were loading it up ...I asked  why?  They gave here full price .  ???   Anyhow I was so disappointed in what happened.  Had my heart set on owning it.
So I am now looking to find one in my area. Don't know that I can even post this on this forum so I apologize if I am off topic.
I live in the Tampa, St Pete area of Florida if there is someone looking to sell one in excellent condition.

Lorrie

Cat - N

Oh how awful for you!  I am so sorry. I don’t know how you’re searching for an 11000, and you probably know about the usual routes like eBay and Craigslist, etc., but have you considered contacting local dealers/repair shops (all brands), or places where lessons are offered?  Or online dealers who would ship one to you if they had a machine available from trade, etc.?

Good luck…I’d love to know when you find what you’re looking for.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Nov 15, 2021 at 8:25 AM, <katz11west via groups.io> wrote:

Found one last weekend at an estate sale.  $600.00.  Was scheduled to go back following day to see it plugged in and working.  Been texting person running sale that I would definitely buy it if it was in working condition.  Texted her following morning @ 8:30  told her I would be there between 9 and 9:30.  (sale opened at 9:00)   She said a lot of people already there and come as soon as possible.  When I got there people were loading it up ...I asked  why?  They gave here full price .  ???   Anyhow I was so disappointed in what happened.  Had my heart set on owning it.
So I am now looking to find one in my area. Don't know that I can even post this on this forum so I apologize if I am off topic.
I live in the Tampa, St Pete area of Florida if there is someone looking to sell one in excellent condition.

Lorrie

Ceil J

Lorrie,
While it's disappointing that you didn't get the machine that you wanted for what seems to be a great price, consider that it's possible that it needed some major work to run well.  I've often found that some things that I thought were major disappointments turned out to be just the start of something better.  In some cases, much, much better!  Again, you don't know what problems that machine may have had or might develop.
I do understand that they sold it to the first person who showed up with the cash.  It's the old "bird in the hand" theme, so don't fret about that.
I'd rather buy a used machine from a dealer who has made sure it's running well and who can ensure that it doesn't become a doorstop in the near future.
Ceil

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 10:12 AM Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Thank you, yes I have been checking FB marketplace and Craigslist.  I have looked at a couple of online dealers that sell refurbished machines but that particular one is not available right now.  thanks for the suggestions.  I will definitely let you know when I locate that one or similar one.

Cat - N

There is a Janome 11000 on eBay...it’s not the price you were planning to pay at the estate sale…in Woodbridge, CT:

It’s a v.1 model as manufactured (grey accent color…v.2 SE version is black), but it has an ‘offer’ button in the ad, and you can contact the seller with questions...such as whether or not it has been upgraded.  It is possible to upgrade to v.3 (Professional Quilt Kit)...although I don't know if that kit is available anymore.  But, I have a 11000 and I upgraded mine to v.3 several years ago...it was upgraded from the original v.1 to v.2 by a dealer before I got it.

- Cat (FL)

Thank you, yes I have been checking FB marketplace and Craigslist.  I have looked at a couple of online dealers that sell refurbished machines but that particular one is not available right now.  thanks for the suggestions.  I will definitely let you know when I locate that one or similar one.

Virginia

That price is way too high. Even with the included items
 Check with a dealer perhaps they may have a newer e.g. 12000 or even the 15 000 that include all accessories and more hoops.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

[...]

Patricia Ward

Katz,

I tried to email you privately about an 11000 that I have for sale; the email address would not send.  If you would like details please email me at
<ward.pm@...> so I can get your email.

Thanks,
Pat Ward

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 9:13 PM katz11west via groups.io <katz11west=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank you, yes I have been checking FB marketplace and Craigslist.  I have looked at a couple of online dealers that sell refurbished machines but that particular one is not available right now.  thanks for the suggestions.  I will definitely let you know when I locate that one or similar one.

Sally Silvers

What a lovely way of looking at life by Ceil J:

"I've often found that some things that I thought were major disappointments turned out to be just the start of something better."

Thank you Ceil J for that inspiration.

Sally S

Ceil J

Thank you, Sally!  I'm glad it helped.
Ceil

katz11west

Pat, I don't know how to reply to a pm message nor do I know how to send one.  I tried clicking on your link but was unsuccessful in sending you an email.

Lorrie

Patricia Ward

Lorrie,
All you need to do is click on my email and it should open a new message to send to me with the address already in place... if that doesn't work then copy and paste my email into a new message.

Pat

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 8:42 PM katz11west via groups.io <katz11west=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Pat, I don't know how to reply to a pm message nor do I know how to send one.  I tried clicking on your link but was unsuccessful in sending you an email.

Lorrie

katz11west

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 05:17 AM, Patricia Ward wrote:
<ward.pm@...>

Can't  copy and paste as it won't show entire email address.  When I click on that link it takes to to windows Yahoo mail.  When I try to send a email it just sits in my drafts box?
Sorry, don't know why it doesn't work.

Jim Stutsman

Edited

All messages posted on this list have the email addresses obscured. This is partly to protect privacy, and partly to prevent spread of spam and malware. When posting an email that you want others to respond to, you have to change it slightly to trick the website. If your email address is "me @ mysite.com" you would write it as "me @ mysite.com". The trick is to put a space on each side of the @. That keeps the list code from detecting it as an email address.

Roberta K

Hi Lorrie,

Since the MC11000 is retired, your best bet is to look on eBay.

Roberta in FL