Janome Mbx

Jeana David

Hi, thanks to those who replied to my last post,it was very helpful
I have another query,I upgraded to MBX and like it very much but I am confused about the tie off and cut button for selected objects Can you appy this button to the entire design or just selected bits of it?
I assumed that tie offs were automatic if you use the semi auto parts of the software or do you have to use this button? Also what do you select on the 12000, the cutting command or always tie off and cut?Again what is a good length for the jump stitch before this happens?
I hope you can understand what I mean! Jeana

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The "Always Tie-Off & Trim" tool applies to objects that are close to one another. Lettering is the area that it most often applies to. When you create a lettering object, Digitizer MBX will insert tie-off and trim codes between the letters automatically. When bridging between the letters, it will always pick the shortest distance between each pair of letters. Sometimes this results in very short (3mm or less) stitches between two letters. Normally those stitches are left as they are, without tie-off or trim, because they are small enough that they won't show. However there may be times when you don't want those short stitches in there at all, perhaps when doing white lettering on black fabric. By selecting the lettering and applying the tool, you can make sure that each letter is tied off and the thread is trimmed before going to the next letter. This option is important if you (or the recipient of the embroidery) decides to cut the connecting threads that are left. If the Tie-Off & Trim option was NOT turned on, the objects on both sides of the cut stitch can ravel.

This also applies when you are digitizing individual objects yourself. For example, if you digitize a string of pearls, with many circles being placed close to one another, there might be short connectors that are left between each pair of circles. Using this option will cause them to be trimmed instead of left untouched.

You might wonder why they just don't tie-off and trim between every object. That gets back to the roots of Digitizer MBX, which is a program created for commercial embroidery. In the commercial world, your profit is directly related to how fast you can stitch out an embroidery. On a commercial machine every time you do a tie-off and trim in the design, it takes as long as 100 stitches. The more of those you can eliminate from a design, the faster it will stitch, so Digitizer by default will try to skip them when it can, unless you force the issue using the tool.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "jeana_david" <jeana.david@...> wrote:

Hi, thanks to those who replied to my last post,it was very helpful
I have another query,I upgraded to MBX and like it very much but I am confused about the tie off and cut button for selected objects Can you appy this button to the entire design or just selected bits of it?
I assumed that tie offs were automatic if you use the semi auto parts of the software or do you have to use this button? Also what do you select on the 12000, the cutting command or always tie off and cut?Again what is a good length for the jump stitch before this happens?
I hope you can understand what I mean! Jeana

maggie cooper

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "jeana_david" <jeana.david@...> wrote:

Hi, thanks to those who replied to my last post,it was very helpful
I have another query,I upgraded to MBX and like it very much but I am confused about the tie off and cut button for selected objects Can you appy this button to the entire design or just selected bits of it?
I assumed that tie offs were automatic if you use the semi auto parts of the software or do you have to use this button? Also what do you select on the 12000, the cutting command or always tie off and cut?Again what is a good length for the jump stitch before this happens?
I hope you can understand what I mean! Jeana
Jeana,the force tie on and offs was included for people who didnt want small jumps, 2mm or less between lettering or objects. MBX will still automatically insert tie stitches between colour changes, jumps longer than 3 needle up commands, that your machines are usually set for to trigger a jump. If you view your design in non simulated stitch mode, you should see a series of triangles and circles. Triangles are tie off stitches, and circles mark tie on stitches. I think you'll find you only need the force tie stitch function on lettering where the distance between the ending of one letter, and the start of the next doesnt show 3 clear what looks like needle penetrations.
Those are the 3 nedle up commands your machine recieves to travel across the gap.
maggiecoops