From: "Joy Stone via groups.io" <jlstonemd@...>
Date: 5/18/20 4:24 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12,000, broken thread message

After sewing without problems for several years, I am now having a terrible time with my MC12,000 giving me the message “broken thread”,  after just a few stitches.  Initially, the thread was broken & I rethreaded it.  When the message kept appearing, I went to the instruction manual for help.  I changed thread, made certain I was threading the machine according to the instructions, changed the needle, and have even removed both the bobbin and the bobbin case for a “deep cleaning”.  I have turned off the machine, unplugged the machine, and still have the problem. I have turned back to my old Singer Athena 2000 (era 1980’s) as a back up for routine sewing.  Before I break quarantine and visit a dealer, does anyone have suggestions as to what else I can do?  Thank you.

Marsha_Comcast

I'm not sure where you're located but my local Dealer and all that I know of are allowing curbside drop-off and pick-up for service and repair. So if they're close, you might check. And from what I hear the turn around time is quick since that's kind of all they're doing. Hope it gets resolved soon for you.

Lynda Lu Gibb

I had the same thing happen.. I took of the throat plate , cleaned the sensor  at the top right corner under there,very carefully then replaced it and The message stopped.

Joy Stone

Thank all of you for your comments!  I will try locating and CAREFULLY  sensor.  If that fails, I will contact a dealer about servicing.  Stay safe everyone!