Janome Design to Embird

Cynthia Dickerson

I was able to figure it out.  Thank you and sorry for the bother!!  Cindy

Kathy Skagen

Cindy,
That's good to know! Can you share what you did? I have the 15000, also and am happy to learn more about it.
Thanks,
Kathy

On Thursday, October 7, 2021, 10:50:16 AM CDT, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

I was able to figure it out.  Thank you and sorry for the bother!!  Cindy

Cheryl Paul

You all have Horizon Link Suite that came with you wonderful Janome 15000. In that program are all the designs that are on your sewing machine - I’m not certain about the .STX files because I haven’t played there much at all for many years and just don’t remember. All those designs are saved on your computer in the “C” drive, Progams (86) Janome folder - it is a bit of a search but they are there in the Horizon Link Suite folder. What I’ve done was to copy them over into a more convenient place, where I can get to them very easily with a name that I can remember - it means you use up a bit of memory on your hard drive, but it is really worth it. From there you can copy the file you want into Embird, Artistic Digitizer, Digitizer V5.5 or earlier, and play with them. However, be careful when resizing, as sometimes the resulted outcome isn’t what one might expect in the design - ask me how I know.

You definitely want to leave the designs as they are in that Janome Program folder, that’s why the copy part and saving to another place is a good idea. There is so much to this machine and the software that comes with it, that it is mind boggling. It is so much fun to dig deep and find new things. So have fun, if you try to change things in this way.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Kathy Skagen

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you for that information. I am new to the 15000 and Horizon link but now that you mention it, I think Faviola also said that. So, thank you for reminding me. I will check it out. I am eager to learn all that this machine and software can do.
:-)
Kathy

On Friday, October 8, 2021, 11:38:26 AM CDT, Cheryl Paul <capaul@...> wrote:

[...]

Barb Stone

The only designs I could find are for quilting blocks.  Are there others somewhere?