Janome CD drive

janetpiekarski

I tried putting the Janome CD drive intothe USB slot on the 12000 and it didn't see it. Not that it matters because the computer connection with the Horizon link is so great but I just wondered if this means we won't be using that on the 12 or will there be an update.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The Janome CD drive is not supported on the 12000, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as it does work on lesser models. I'm hoping that they left it out in order to get the machine out the door faster, and will add it back in an update.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "janetpiekarski" <jsm1144@...> wrote:

I tried putting the Janome CD drive intothe USB slot on the 12000 and it didn't see it. Not that it matters because the computer connection with the Horizon link is so great but I just wondered if this means we won't be using that on the 12 or will there be an update.

vicki chrobak

I'm new to Janome & unfamiliar with the Janome CD Drive so please excuse an ignorant question. Is it another way to transfer designs to the machine?

--
Vicki Jo

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

It is, or rather will be when they upgrade the machine to accept it. In other models you attach the CD drive, put in the CD, and then select the design you want to stitch. The real appeal of the CD drive is not to just have another way to put designs in the machine. It gives people with no computer the ability to buy designs on CD and use them. That's really important for people who love to sew, but have no interest in learning to use a computer. It's much easier to just open a design from a CD than to download it, unzip it, and send it to the machine or figure out what folder it needs to go in on a USB drive.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

I'm new to Janome & unfamiliar with the Janome CD Drive so please excuse
an ignorant question. Is it another way to transfer designs to the machine?

--
Vicki Jo

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

I've been advised by a dealer friend (Thanks Ann!) that an upgrade is planned that will allow a CD drive to work on the 12000, as well as other new features. I don't have a time frame for this, but it's good to know that there will be more to come!

The Janome CD drive is not supported on the 12000, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as it does work on lesser models. I'm hoping that they left it out in order to get the machine out the door faster, and will add it back in an update.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "janetpiekarski" <jsm1144@> wrote:

I tried putting the Janome CD drive intothe USB slot on the 12000 and it didn't see it. Not that it matters because the computer connection with the Horizon link is so great but I just wondered if this means we won't be using that on the 12 or will there be an update.

grandma

Jim,

Will we have to pay for this upgrade?

Thanks,

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

History (10000 & 11000) tells us that at some point there will be at least one paid upgrade. However the lack of CD support is a regression from previous models, so I'm fairly certain that the next upgrade will be free, just as version 1.01 was. Of course I am not in a position to know anything at all with regard to what Janome will or won't do!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "grandma" <ehuff12@...> wrote:

Jim,

Will we have to pay for this upgrade?

Thanks,

vicki chrobak

Excellent!

--
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak

Jim, My CD was with the machine was version 1.0. How do I get 1.1?

--
Vicki Jo

History (10000& 11000) tells us that at some point there will be at
least one paid upgrade. However the lack of CD support is a regression
from previous models, so I'm fairly certain that the next upgrade will
be free, just as version 1.01 was. Of course I am not in a position to
know anything at all with regard to what Janome will or won't do!

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The software packed with the machine is still at version 1.0. The 1.01 upgrade is for the machine itself. When you first turn it on the version displays briefly on the screen. If you need that upgrade, it's available here:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/mc12000v101.html